Chapter 21: The Love Story Of Mortal Enemies

"What the hell do you mean my mother was the hero?!" I shouted at Steve at the top of my lungs.

"It's exactly what it means. My sister, AKA your mother, was a descendant of the hero that was destined to kill the demon king." Steve told me in a casual tone.

"If that's true then how come she gave birth to a child of the Demon King?!"

It was impossible that my mother, a descendant of the hero, would voluntarily make children with the ruler of all demons. That's just not possible.

"How do you think most love stories go? Two people fall in love with each other and get married, and have kids."

"That doesn't make any sense! Aren't my parents suppose to hate each other?"

"I think that's the best kind of romance, to be honest."

"Damn it, quit screwing with me, Steve!"

The fact that Steve was acting cool-headed on such a critical matter irritated me. Not only that, but I just found out about this!

What the hell was he thinking not telling about this?! I feel like this guy was hiding more secrets behind my back and I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"Listen, kid, a lot of things happened when your parents met each other. And when I mean a lot of things, I'm serious about that." Steve finally looked serious for once and that's what got my attention.

"What do you mean?"

"You kids are gonna have to sit down on this one, because what I'm about to tell you is how two people who were meant to kill each other fell in love."

And that's when Steve told us the story about my parents.

My mother and Steve were living in a cabin in the middle of the woods. This forest was infested with dangerous monsters that were considered calamity-level enemies.

The reason why my mom and Steve weren't attacked by them was due to my grandfather, who was also a descendant of the Holy Hero. He emitted a bright aura that kept the monsters away.

Anyway, at the time, my mom was about my age when she met my father. It was one winter night when a snowstorm showed up out of nowhere.

Steve doesn't know all the details, but he did know that my mother left the cabin because she heard a noise. Apparently, this noise was from my father.

Dyrom was the one that continued the story from my father's side. My father was in the forest because he was hunting monsters to pass the time.

He heard that calamity level monsters resided in the Bando Forest, so he went over there. My father was the king at the time.

He's been king for almost three hundred years and was bored of being holed up at his mountain. Dyrom and the other demons tried to convince my father to stay, but he refused and left.

While my father was hunting monsters, he came across a cabin. Unlike the monsters that strayed away from it, my father was curious about it.

He didn't go inside, but he did examine the inside through a window. That's when he came across my mother.

Dyrom told me that my father was astounded by my mother's beauty. So much in fact, that he accidentally tripped and made a noise when he was distracted by my mom.

This was what woke up my mother. My father noticed that my mother woke up because of him, but instead of running away, he decided to see what she would do.

He went off to the edge of the forest and waited for my mother. As soon as she went outside, he went into the deadly forest but not until my mother saw him.