Chapter 13: The Tour Part 1

It was just a meeting to declare myself as their new king but now I'm exhausted. I didn't expect to feel this tired both mentally and physically.

Once everyone left and returned to their daily routine, I changed back into my human form and almost collapsed at the spot. If it wasn't for Olivia and Zoe that caught me, I would've been on the floor passed out.

Despite almost passing out, everything went according to plan. I had to change my plan a bit with using my demon form but regardless, it worked.

Now everyone will be able to support me and listen to what I tell them. It's going to be a pain but if things turn out the way I need them to, then I'll be able to manage.

Now then, since I'm the official new king, I need to know what to do next to spread my name to both humans and demons and other races to ensure that they know not to attack me. One of the ways to spread my name is do something that they can't ignore.

Taking down a demon lord should raise my status up in the demon nation but for the other races, I might have to do something else. I don't want to individually spread my name one at a time to the race but let everyone know at once, so I need to find a way to do that.

Before I do that though, I'm curious about the palace. I know we're inside a mountain but I only got to see my room, the throne room, and the entrance to the palace.

I should get a tour around this place to know what's in store.

"Vemon, could you and the others show me and my friends around the palace?" I asked Vemon since she knows her way around.

As if I said the magic word, Vemon had an excited look on her face.

"Of course, young master!" 

She then started to bow and so did the others. Olivia and my friends, however, didn't bow but just looked at me with both disgust and disappointment.

"What?" I asked them.

I knew why they were making that face but I wanted to hear what they had to say.

"So intend to make the whole world fear you?" 

Olivia sounded angry when she asked me that and I couldn't blame her. I knew what I said and I meant every word but there's actually more to it.

"I did say to make the whole world fear us but that's only the bad guys that walk in this world." I tried to convince Olivia of my true intentions.

She then looked up at me with a confused look on her face.

"What do you mean?" Olivia asked me.

Do I have to spell it out?

"I want the ones that want to harm people to fear me while the innocence both human, demon and any other races to look at me as their hero. I'm not asking to be rewarded or praised for being a hero but I just want them to know that I will protect them." 

These were my true motives for doing this. I may be half-demon but I still have my humanity and I'm not going to lose that.

Olivia's expression looked as if I shot her through her heart. She then got up and walked towards me.

I thought she was going to hit me or something but she just pulled out her hand. I was confused at first but realized that she wanted me to shake it.

I shook her hand and we both smiled.

"Well, since you're going to be this world's hero, then I'll be there to support you." Olivia kept smiling as she said that.

It was as if her smile was a bright light that could destroy any darkness.