Chapter 34: Plans For The Future

Once everyone was quiet and relaxed, we then started our meeting in the conference room.

"Alright," I began, "I called you all here because we need to talk about the future."

The demons that I invited for the meeting was Gireak, Trickz, Tamara, the military generals: Leo, Apasha, Dawn, and Theodore, and my elite demon escort: Kyuu, Alistair, Torgan, Dyrom, and Vemon. They were all sitting down now and paying close attention to me.

A little too much attention since they were staring intensely at me. It was starting to make me sweat nervously.

Okay, calm down, me. Don't let them distract you.

Just tell them what you wanted to tell them and get it over with. As I mentally calmed myself down, I then continued.

"The first thing we're going to discuss is how we should spread my name to both humans and demons. Any suggestions?"

Right now, I needed an effective way to make myself known to everyone. There have already been commotions about my sudden 'Awakening', so it's a good start.

What I'm trying to do is get both humans and demons to avoid attacking us. It's true that I'm The Demon King, but that doesn't mean everyone will worship and or fear me.

Especially the humans. Ever since they heard about The Demon King, aka me, they've been preparing themselves.

Then there was Gordan's declaration about summoning the hero. If they managed to summon another hero, that'll only make things harder for us.

That was also another thing we needed to talk about today, but I was saving that one for last.

I knew that I was putting a lot of their shoulders by saying this, but I needed some advice since I didn't know what to do. I mean, I just became a King, so I'm not that experienced yet.

Suddenly, Leo raised his hand.

"What's up, Leo?" I asked, eager to hear what he has to say.

"Forgive my arrogance, My King, but I would suggest raiding a human or demon base. We could kill as many of them as possible and get the survivors to send a message to the other humans or demons."

. . . Why am I not surprised to hear this?

I figured that someone at this table would make a comment like this, so I made sure to mentally prepare myself for it and give my response.

". . . It's a good idea," I replied, "but it's a little too much for my taste."

Due to my demon side, Leo's idea about raiding a human base and killing them wasn't such a bad idea to me. But, it wasn't what I was looking for . . . At the moment.

"I'm sorry for not meeting your expectations!" Leo lowed his head and apologized.

"It's alright," I told him. "You may not have met my requirements for this matter, but you tried and that's all I can ask from you."

"Your words of praise gladdens me, My King!"

I made a quick nod and continued on.

"Alright, anyone else? Any suggestion will do. I just want to see what you all had in mind."

No one made a response yet until Dawn spoke up.

"If I may, My King," She began, "I think in order to display yourself to the world is interfering in a battle between the humans and demons. Since you're on a neutral standpoint, getting in the middle of their fight would catch their attention."