Chapter 20: Suppressing and Surprises!

This is bad.

This is like, really, really bad! There's a meeting that requires all demon hunters have to attend and I'm one of them.

This is the worse timing ever!

I say that because I've awakened my demonic powers. I don't have full control of it, and I'm uncertain about its capabilities.

I'm certain that my demon side won't take control, but I'm more worried about being detected as a demon, even without showing my form. You see, there are demons that disguise themselves as humans so they could infiltrate us.

We solved this little issue by having detection spells to make sure everyone is whom he or she says they are. I'm afraid that if I get caught by those spells, I'll get revealed and likely captured or killed.

That's why I had to find a way of hiding my demonic presence. I used items that could hide my demonic aura, but they all failed.

Apparently, my demonic aura was so overwhelming that no masking spell or charm could conceal it. In fact, when we tried with the items, they instantly broke.

The spellcasters that tried to hide it also suffered from a feedback effect. Simply put, my demonic aura actually harmed them.

After all the effort we went through to hide my demon side, it was all for naught. That is until I came up with an idea.

It was crazy, but it could be my only chance to conceal my demon presence. What I was planning to do was overwhelm my demonic aura with my holy aura.

Since I have both holy and demonic energy inside me, both forces have been trying to take control. For the past fifteen years, my holy energy has been dominating, but after my fight with Tremon, my demon side took control.

We were out of options and time, so I had no choice but to do this. So, I focused on my holy magic so it could drown out my demonic aura.

After a couple of seconds, I managed to hide my demonic presence. Unfortunately, in doing so, my holy aura was completely overwhelmed me.

What I mean is instead of being engulfed by a threatening aura, I was covered in a holy bright light. It was so bright that the entire throne room was lit up.

Not only that but all the demons were getting burned by my holy light. When I saw this, I ordered everyone to leave except Olivia and my team.

"Turn it off!" Olivia told me while covering her eyes.

"I can't!"

I wasn't lying. I really couldn't turn it off.

It's like my holy aura refused to go away. I even tried adding some demonic aura in it, but that didn't work.

It wasn't just the aura going away, I also felt an enormous power surging through me. It felt like I was going to drown in it.

Not only that, but I felt something else aside from this amazing power. Fear.

I felt this indescribable fear lurking within me. I didn't know why I felt this way, but the only thing I did know was that I needed to get rid of this.

Although my friends weren't really affected by it, the light I was emitting would likely make them go blind. I needed to find a way to block the light or something.

As I tried to figure out how to get rid of this holy light, Steve called out to me.

"Kid! I need you to calm yourself!" He instructed me.

"Kind of hard to do that when this is happening!" I retorted.

I honestly wish I could calm down since freaking out wouldn't do me any good, but I just couldn't. I felt so much fear that I couldn't focus on anything at all.

"Your holy energy is overpowering your demonic energy. You need to balance them out, or you'll be consumed."

Balance them out? How the hell do I do that?

I wasn't sure how I was going to adjust my demon and holy energy, but I had to try something. I then focused on both my demonic side and holy side.

I tried to picture a scale with both sides balancing each other out. Neither of them was too heavy or too light.

They were perfectly balanced. While I was imagining this, I could tell that it was working because the fear was slowly going away, and so was the light.

As soon as the light and fear were completely gone, I stopped thinking about the scale and took a look at my self. The others also looked at me with amazed faces.

"Whoa, I can't feel his presence at all. Demon nor holy." Glenn muttered.

"Yeah, you can't tell he's a demon nor a holy demon hunter," Zoe added.

Thank goodness! I thought that I was going to be stuck like that forever.

There's something that's bothering me though. How did Steve know what to do?

Also, how did he know about the holy energy was consuming me? I turned towards Steve with a suspicious face.

"What are you looking at, brat?" Steve asked.

"What was that with my holy aura? It never did that before. Also, how did you know that I was getting consumed?"

Steve and I stared at each other for a few moments until he signed in defeat.

"It's because of your demon and holy energies. They're polar opposites and are always trying to take control."

"That doesn't explain the fear I felt when I was engulfed by the holy aura. There's also the fact that my holy energy wasn't that powerful before. It was unreal."

"Yeah, that's because of a different reason."

"What is it?" I asked with a curious expression.

"You're not gonna like what you hear, kid."

"Just get on with it. I just found out my father was the demon king, so there isn't a lot of things that are going to surprise me."

I honestly couldn't think of anything that's any worse than finding out your dad was the ruler of all demons. Yep, there isn't that much.

"Well, the reason why your holy magic is so strong is because of your mother."

"What does that mean?"

Steve sighed again. Just get to the point, damn it.

"Your mother is the descendant of the holy hero. The hero that was destined to destroy the demon king."

. . . Wait, what?

Not only I was shocked to hear this, but so were the others. When I looked at them to see if they knew, all of their jaws dropped in bewilderment.

Hang on! Doesn't that mean that my father and mother are the two people who are supposed to mortal enemies?!

Not only do I have the blood of the demon king, but I also have the blood of the holy hero as well?

Then that means . . . I'm the one that decides this worlds fate?  

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!