Chapter 25: Interesting Developments

Gordan couldn't help but sweat bullets, waiting for the Grand Master to come.

The Grand Master was the most powerful person in the world. Only one person is given the title until they retire and give the title to the next person.

The Grand Master was also the one that's of a higher ranking than the Demon Slayers. There have been times when a Demon Slayer was given the title Grand Master, but it was a rare occasion.

You'd think that since Demon Slayers were closer to strength and power with the Grand Master that one of them would retrieve the title, but there were far more powerful people that would be more suited for it.

Gordan has always admired the Grand Master. To be of use to someone like that would put a smile on anyone's face.

Not only that, but Gordan also has a history with the Grand Master. A long history.

The double doors burst opened and two people emerged from it. An old butler and a pink-haired little girl with twin tails.

"It is good to see you again, Grand Master." Gordan bowed before the little girl with the twin tails.

That's right. The current Grand Master was this little girl.

Her name was Julia Spring.

Don't let her appearance fool you. She's by far one of the most dangerous and deadly Grand Masters to come by.

"Well, well. If it isn't little Gordy." The little girl grinned at Gordan. "How have you been?"

"I'm doing just fine, Grand Master," Gordan told the little girl. "I'm also glad that you're looking healthy as well."

"Geez. You can drop the formalities, you know? There's no one else to see besides Joshua."

The little girl was referring to the butler, Joshua Hamlett. This butler was not only a supervisor but also a bodyguard to the Grand Master.

Despite his old age, he's not a force to be reckoned with. He could easily take down Gordan with his bare hands while Gordan used his spear.

Gordan knew that and was wary of him. He knew that if he made the wrong move, the butler would end him without a second thought.

Fortunately, he also had a history with Joshua to where he doesn't mind him much.

"Grand Master, we may have history but I can't," Gordan told the little girl.

"Huh? What nonsense are you spouting out? Just because I'm your boss doesn't mean we can't still be family. Besides, I raised you to become this, so I'll allow you to get familiar with me."

". . . I-if that's alright with you, mother."

"Of course it is."

Gordan approached the little girl and hugged her. Julia then pampered Gordan like a child.

This was their relationship with each other. Julia and Gordan were mother and son.

When Gordan was a little boy, Julia found him on the streets scavenging for food. He was homeless at the time, and she decided to take him in.

After that, Julia raised Gordan into what he was today. She was one of the reasons why Gordan became a Demon Slayer.

"Now then," Julia began. "I heard about your little meeting, Gordan. Is it true that you plan on performing the Summoning Ritual?"

"Yes, mother," Gordan answered. "With the return of the Demon King, we need all the help we can get."

"Hmm. The Demon King has returned, has he?" Julia pondered the thought.