Chapter 19: End Of The Tour And Big News

Coincidentally, the last two floors are actually the same thing.

They're both escape route floors for when our mountain home was overrun with intruders. It's unlikely due to what everyone here is capable of, but you can't be too cautious!

Anyway, after finishing the tour, I decided to call it a day. I realized that it was close to midnight, so it was a good time for me and the others to get some sleep.

Since Olivia and my team were going to live here with me, we needed to find them a place to sleep. Almost all the floors had bedrooms, and about a quarter or less of them were vacant.

Unfortunately, none of my family wanted to sleep in any of the rooms without me with them.

"We're in a place filled with Demons, Gabe! They might respect and fear you, but they'll just see us as an enemy." Allen told me.

Unfortunately, he's right. The people here may fear and worship me, but that might not stop them from going after Olivia and the rest of my team.

It looks like I'll need to find a room where all of us can sleep. My master bedroom won't work since there's only one bed.

It could definitely hold all of us, but I'm pretty certain that none of us want to be sleeping in the same bed together. Since that's out of the question, I'll have to find a room big enough for all of us.

"Vemon, are there any rooms for my team and I to sleep in?" I asked.

"W-well, there is, but . . . Why do these humans have to sleep with Master?" Vemon eyed my team with disgust.

". . . What's that suppose to mean?" Olivia asked in a threatening tone.

When she did this, Vemon glared at Olivia and so did she. Both girls were looking at each other with malicious gazes.

"It means that you vile humans don't deserve to be around our Master. Just because you know him doesn't mean you can be friendly with him."

"Is that right? Well, sorry to break it to you, demon, but we've been friendly with Gabriel for seven years now."

"And that's as far as you'll go with him."

The two vicious girls emitted a deadly aura that made the rest of us back away from them. I should stop this before things get hairy.

"That's enough, you two," I told them in a commanding tone.

The moment I did this, Vemon gasped and apologized to me while Olivia walked away. At least I stopped the upcoming fight that was about to happen.

"Anyway, Vemon, about the rooms," I repeated my question from before.

"R-right. I'll see what I can do about a bedroom for . . . All of you to sleep in." Vemon was hesitant but did as she was told.

After she left to do her job, the rest of the demons left as well since they had work to do as well.

About an hour later, Vemon managed to get us a room for us. It was big enough to have six beds, and the only people that could go inside was us.

Once we were inside, we were given clothing for sleeping. Unfortunately, all of them, except mine, were peasant-like clothing.

Some of us were kind of angry about this. And by some of us, it was mostly Olivia who started arguing to Vemon about the issue.

The rest of us just stared at our nightwear clothing with questionable expressions.

Also, you were curious about what our pajamas were, my teams were just ragged clothes that was all ripped up and torn. Then there was mine, which was a clean, light blue robe.

The difference in treatment was mind-boggling, but I can't say I'm surprised, and neither can the others.

Since my team was human, it's clear that the demons would despise them. Speaking of which, didn't I see a few humans in this place?

Putting that aside, I managed to get my friends better clothing to sleep in and soon took a nap. While everyone else was asleep, I stayed up the majority of the time.

It was hard to get any rest after what happened to me. I found out that my father was the Demon King, my teacher and father-figure was my uncle, I can apparently use both holy and demonic powers, and I'm now the new Demon King.

Yeah, this was a lot to take in. I wonder how I'm going to survive this.

And so, I spent almost the entire night thinking about my new role as Demon King. At some point, I was able to get some sleep, but I was still worried about what my future would hold.

. . .

It was now morning, and despite sleeping on a comfortable bed, I felt like I slept on a rock. It wasn't just my body that ached, but also my head.

When I fell asleep, I had nightmares about being the new Demon King. There was one moment where I was betrayed by the demons and was imprisoned by them.

There was another one where I was killed by humans instead. All this stress was putting a strain on my body both mentally and physically.

I looked so worn out that the others noticed right away.

"Geez, Gabe, did you even sleep last night?" Allen asked while looking concerned.

"Not really," I replied with a yawn.

"Maybe you should sleep some more, man," Glenn suggested to me.

More sleep would be for the best for me, but I don't want to have any more nightmares. I'll just have to endure it and push forward.

With that decided, we walked over to my office which was in the council room. There was a door on the right side that leads towards a separate room for me to work.

Once we were in my office, my friends sat on the couches and chairs while I sat on my chair in front of my desk. There was also a demon with us that was in charge of watching over me.

I told them that it was unnecessary, but they insisted, so I had no choice but to accept.

When I looked at my desk, there were a few stacks of papers in front of me. I didn't know what they were, so I took a look at them.

Some of them were mostly management papers like daily reports, clients we've encountered, appointments with them, and inventory. Do people that have desk duty really have to do this?

This was starting to be a pain. Despite complaining about the paperwork, I went through them and signed what was needed to get it over with.

After about an hour or two of pencil pushing, I managed to finish it all. I was so tired that I almost fell asleep.

The reason why I didn't was that Steve had some news for us. At some point, he left the office to look around and came back with big news.

"We have a problem." He told us.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just got word that there's going to be a meeting for all demon hunters. This includes the six demon slayers and the five of you kids."

. . . Wait, I have to go to a meeting with other demon hunters?

After everything that's happened so far, I felt this tremendous amount of fear surging through me.

I've got a bad feeling about this. 

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you'll read more of them. Please comment on the chapter to tell me what you think and vote on it if you think it deserves it.

Also, share this book with your friends to spread the word about it and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!