Chapter 6

Thank you for reading! I somehow managed to get 22 reads in one day!

*************************************

Chapter 6

Tris

My eyes grow wide. How can Will be alive? During the attack on Abnegation, I thought I killed him while he was in the simulation. I saw him crumple to the ground, didn't I?

I am pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of Cristina screaming for joy.

"Will," she asks with a look of confusion on her face.

"In the flesh," Will says with huge grin plastered across his face.

She runs up to Will and tackles him to the ground. The look on his face tells me that he wasn't expecting her to do that. Cristina then gives Will a huge sloppy kiss. A little too sloppily for my taste.

When Cristina gets up and helps Will up from the floor, his eyes search the room. His gaze falls on mine and stops.

I feel like I am frozen in time. He gives Cristina a quick kiss and makes his way toward me. Tobias let's go if my hand as Will puts his arms around me and engulfs me into a hug. I put my arms around him and hug him back. He is the first to let go.

"Hello, Tris," Will says in a monotone voice.

"I thought you were dead, I thought I shot you and killed you." I say. The words seemed to just fall put my mouth. I hadn't realized what I had said until the words came out of my mouth.

"Well, if I was dead, then I wouldn't be standing in front of you, now would I?" Will says while looking me straight in the eyes.

"How are you alive?" There I go again, acting before thinking.

Will starts to surprisingly explain himself, "While I was under the attack simulation, I saw you and someone who looked like your mom. Although I could tell who you were, it felt like I had never known you. My mind told me that you were just an enemy. I began to shoot. When I got closer to you though, I started to feel like I knew you and that you weren't the enemy. A voice in my head was still telling me that I needed to kill you though. Before I could think of anything else, you shot me."

That was the part I was least looking forward to. I still shot Will.

Will continues,"But, you only shot me in the hand," a feeling of relief floods through my body. My mind finally believes that I didn't kill Will. I barely even hurt him. I just shot him in the hand.

Knowing Will, he continues to talk, "I had to drop my gun. Another soldier found me and brought me back to Erudite where my hand was tacked care of. One night, I escaped from Erudite and went back to Dauntless. When I heard you guys went outside the fence I came here."

Cristina gives Will another sloppy kiss and Will kisses her back.

When Will lets go of Cristina, he notices Cara is in the room. Cara has the same confused look on her face that she had when she first saw me. I single tear runs down her cheek and she stumbles toward Will.

Cara looks like she is about to fall and Will catches her. They both hug and Cara lets out a sob. When she lets go of Will I can she a huge smile on her face. It is genuine, which is surprising for an Erudite.

Will looks back at me and says, "I didn't get to finish the story," his face turns from gleeful to sad in a matter of seconds.

"Tris, please forgive me, but I may have been the one who killed your mom."