Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Tobias

Christina, Will, Uriah, and I are packing what little we have in order to get ready to save Tris. As I grab my gun from underneath my bed, I hear footsteps scuffling down the hallway.

Caleb runs into the dorm panting.

"I want to come with you." Caleb says.

"We already have enough people. This isn't up for discussion Caleb." I say, in my harsh instructor voice.

"She's my sister, Four. You can't expect me to just sit around and wait for you guys to rescue my sister." He says, agitated.

I slowly walk up to him and stare down into his eyes. I am a couple inches taller than him, which makes intimidating him that much easier.

"Fine," I say,"But if you mess up this plan, don't think for a second that I would think twice before snapping your neck. You almost killed her once, and I won't let that happen again."

Caleb looks up at me with puppy dog eyes and nods his head carefully, afraid that I might jump at him at any second.

I turn around and finish packing my stuff. Once I see that everyone else is ready, we start to walk towards the front of the bureau where I have a truck ready to take us to Chicago.

On the way I begin to tell everybody about my plan to rescue Tris. It's not much of a plan, but at least it's something.

"We will take the truck inside the fence and then ride the train to Dauntless compound. We are going to have to be discreet, so I suggest that we jump off the roof." Everyone nods in agreement. My palms become sweaty and my heart beats faster as I think of jumping off a seven story building. I remember the first time I had to jump off the same roof, at the beginning of my initiation. But I have to do it for Tris. I would do anything for Tris. If Tris can jump off a roof without thinking twice, so can I.

I continue," Then, I will go and disable the cameras in the control room so they can't see us coming. After that we we make our way to the fear landscape room where we will rescue Tris. Got it?" I ask the group.

Everybody nods their head again, and takes in the information.

Of course, Christina being a former Candor, she has to ask a question.

"What if Tris isn't in the fear landscape room anymore?"

"We will cross that bridge when we come to it," I say, with an agitated voice. Christina always gets on my nerves. Ever since I first saw her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My name is Four." I say. I hear a few snickers come from the crowd of initiates.

One of them, a tall dark-skinned girl with even darker hair speaks up. She is wearing black and white clothes, so she must have came from Candor. I am not looking forward to what she has to say.

"Four? Like the number?" She says.

"Yes," I say. "Is there a problem?"

"No."

"Good," I begin. "We're about to go into the Pit, which you will someday learn to love. It-" I am disrupted by the Candor girl again.

She snickers, "The Pit? Clever name."

This girl is really starting to get on my nerves. I slowly walk up to her with my hands clasped behind my back. My eyes narrow, and I stare at her for few seconds before asking her quietly, "What's your name?"

"Christina," she squeaks.

"Well Christina, if I wanted to put up with Candor smart-mouths like you, I would have joined their faction," I hiss. "The first lesson you will learn from me is to keep your mouth shut. Got that?"

She nods. There is fear in her eyes. As I turn around and continue walking, a grin makes it's way across my face.

Now they know that I mean business and I am not one to be messed with.

Good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I think of the memory, a laugh escapes my mouth.

We continue down the long corridors and finally make it to the front of the bureau. Outside, is a large, beaten up truck only big enough to fit the five of us.

I lead the group out to the truck and set our bags in the back. I keep my gun in the back of my belt loop so I can have it at all times.

Will volunteers to drive, since he is the only one who knows how. He said he learned when he came to the bureau.

The rest of us hop into the truck. Christina taps my shoulder and quietly whispers something into my ear,"We will find her. Don't worry."

I know that we will find her, but will we find her in time?

***********************************

Thank you to everyone who reads my story!!!

I will update when I get 200
reads!!!

Question: Would you rather me

1)Write from both Tris and Tobias' perspectives each chapter

Or

2)Alternate perspectives every chapter?

Vote!!