Chapter 13

All rights go to Veronica Roth!

Thank you for reading!!

***********************************

Chapter 13

Tris

"Well, look who came to save his damsel in distress," Eric says with a sinister voice. I wince when I see an evil grin spread across his face.

Tobias puts his arm in front of me as to protect me. Eric clasps his hand together and his eyes narrow on me.

Tobias speaks up, "I thought I killed you." I can't see his face, but I'm guessing confusion is shown in his eyes.

"Well, I am standing hear aren't I," Eric hisses. His eyebrows furrow.

"What do you want," Tobias says.

"I want for both of you to be dead." Eric says, matter-of-factly.It's only then that I see the gun sticking out from his belt loop. My hands clench into fists and my heart begins to stammer.

I see Tobias' gun in his belt loop and grab it when Eric isn't looking.

I pull the safety off, put my pointer finger around the trigger, and aim the gun at Eric. His eyes grow wide, but his face stays calm.

He quickly reaches behind him, and pulls out his gun. He aims it at Tobias' head. I am not quick enough to shoot him before he pulls the trigger and the bullet pierces through Tobias' shoulder. I scream out and tears begin to stream down my face.

"Put the gun down, Stiff, and no one will get hurt," Eric says.

Anger rises through my body and adrenaline runs through my veins.

"Why do you keep underestimating me," I tell Eric.

He looks at me with a confused expression and starts to aim his gun at me. I am faster than him now though, and I pull the trigger.

The bullet pierces straight in between his creased eyebrows and I watch the light leave his grey eyes. His gun drops to the floor and so does his body.

My hands begin to shake and I drop the gun. I fumble to my feet and pick the gun back up.

I rush over to Tobias' side and he moans. I am no longer aware of anything else around me except for Tobias. I scream for help over and over again. I hear the door to the fear landscape open and Uriah comes running inside with a gun in his right hand.

"Help me get him up," I order Uriah. He nods his head and puts Tobias' uninjured arm around his neck. Tobias stands up and moans. I can see pain in his eyes and his teeth are clenched tight.

I know that Tobias will live as long as we take out the bullet, but I can't help myself from crying. It hurts me to see him in pain. Tobias, Uriah and I walk out of the fear landscape room, Tobias clinging onto Uriah and me limping.

As I walk out of the room, my heart stops. I see Caleb sitting on the floor with blood trickling down his arms.

He was shot in his both of his shoulders. The bullet wounds aren't fatal, but blood is pouring out of him. I quickly run over to his side and a sob escapes my mouth. I can't lose him. I can't lose him, or Tobias.

When he sees me, his eyes light up.

"Beatrice," Caleb moans.

I grab his right hand with both of mine.

"Caleb, I can't lose you. Please fight, for me," I croak. I can't lose Caleb, he is my only family left.

Before Caleb can say anything else, his eyes close. I start to panic. He can't die, he can't.

As I grip his hand tighter, I feel a pulse.

He isn't dead. My face lights up.

"We need to get him back to the bureau, fast!" I exclaim. "He is still alive, but fading fast. If we give him Matthew's healing serum he may be able to survive."

I cling to the glimmer of hope that Caleb might be able to live.

I rip pieces of cloth off of my clothing and rap them around Caleb's wounds. Will picks him up and we all walk to the train tracks as fast as we can.

***********************************

Thank you for reading!

I will update when I receive 550 reads and 100 comments!

Comment!

Vote!

Share!

Read!!

-Divergent_fan13