Chapter 19

I have 6k reads! Thank you so much to all my readers! I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as good as it was the first time I wrote it! A special thank you to @Divergent4evah23! And @JustAnImaginator!

**********************************

Chapter 19

Tris

Tobias and I walk down the slippery, twisting hallways with our hands interlocked. Tori and George follow close behind whispering quietly to each other. I try to listen to their conversation but their voices are too low, and between the sound of our feet squeaking against the smooth floor and my racing thoughts, I can't hear them.

My mind races with a billion thoughts. How can this be possible? People can't be brought brought back from the dead. Or can they? Eric was living breathing proof before I shot him, and killed him. The thought causes a shiver to run down my spine.

The bureau can bring back all the people who want to kill me, as long as they have the body, which will be easy considering they have cameras plastered all over Chicago. The thought that Jeanine could be able breath again makes my hand tense around Tobias'. He must be able to tell, because his head glances in my direction with a concerned look on his face.

"Tris, we will get through this, okay? Like we always do," Tobias whispers in my ear so low that I can barely hear it. "I won't let anything happen to you."

"Okay," I nod my head in response letting him know that I understand, but that I don't want to talk about it any further, at least not right now.

When we reach the Genetic's Lab, Tobias stops in his tracks and removes his hand from my sweaty hand. His calloused hands caress my face and I lean my small head into his hand. In that moment, I know that I can't lose Tobias, not after everything we've been through. He is all I have left. He leans his forehead into mine and we stay silent. Tobias' warm, full lips brush against mine and a rush of heat flows through my body. My heart aches for him while I fold my hands around his muscular neck. After a couple moments, Tobias is the first to pull back. I feel two pairs of eyes staring at us, Tori and George. Heat quickly rushes to my cheeks and I know that I am blushing. When I turn my head, I see Tori and George staring at us with grimaces on their faces and their eyebrows are furrowed.

"So, you guys really are a thing now, aren't you?" Tori asks, clearly surprised.

Tobias and I nod our heads in unison before turning on our heals and slowly walking into the room where we see Matthew sitting at his desk writing something on a piece of paper. When he hears us walk in, he quickly slips the piece of paper under a book on his desk. He looks nervous and his eyes are wide as he slowly gets of from his desk.

"What can I do for you guys?" Matthew asks, his voice shaky.

"He was the person I saw talking about the experiment," Tori hisses behind me.

Matthew's eyes divert behind me and grow wider than they already were when he sees Tori. His knees buckle beneath him, but he grabs onto his desk before he falls. A sudden rush of anger flows through my body and I propel myself toward him. Before I could go any further, I feel Tobias pull me back.

How could he? How could he help the people who want to bring all my enemies back from the dead to kill me and my loved ones. He was my friend. He probably helped me live when I was shot just so that I could live watch my enemies kill all my loved ones, and then kill me.

Matthew begins to make his way towards me. I know that if he comes any closer I might kill him. Tobias tightens his grip around my arms.

"I swear, if you come any closer, I will kill you!" I yell at him.