Chapter 16

Thank you!!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story (right now). The extremely talented Veronica Roth does.

***********************************

Chapter 16

Tris

I awake to the sound of Tobias saying my name. He is jostling my shoulders trying to wake me up. I groan, to let him know that I am awake.

"Tris, we have to get ready for Uriah's party tonight," he says with a sweet tone.

The party. I almost I forgot. A part of me regrets agreeing to go, but the other parts wants to leave the apartment and have fun.

Tobias leaves and walks into the bathroom.

I slowly get up from the couch. My back is stiff, so I move around a little before going into the bedroom to change.

I put on black skin tight pants, a black loose shirt, and a black jacket. Even though the factions are gone, I still dress like Dauntless.

When I am putting my shirt on, Tobias walks out from the bathroom. He blushes and turns around.

"Sorry," he mutters. I can feel heat rush to my cheeks. He walks out of the bedroom and I continue to change, throwing my jacket on over my shirt.

I walk out the bedroom and Tobias looks over to me. A grin spreads across his face and he begins to speak,"Sorry I walked in on you, I didn't know you where changing."

"It's fine," I say, as I walk over to him, I wrap my arms around his neck. I stand on my tip-toes and press my lips to his. He puts his arms around my waist and closes the gap between us. Warmth rushes through my body as he deepens the kiss, it is passionate and loving. He bites my lower lip asking for an entrance, and I let him. One if his hands begin to play with hair, twirling it in circles. I push my hand up his neck and ruffle his silky, brown hair. My other hand traces the tattoos if the factions in his back, I memorized where each one was. We stand there for a few minutes kissing each other, and Tobias is the first to pull back. I pout my lower lip playfully, which Tobias reacts to with a snicker.

"I hate to say this, but we have to go," Tobias says, his voice flowing like honey. I nearly melt when he speaks. I pull myself together and step back.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask him.

"Yup," he replies, popping the "p."

Tobias grabs his jacket then takes my hand and we walk out the door together, hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias knocks on the door and I hear footsteps begin to come closer to the door. When the it opens, Uriah stands in the doorway with a bottle of some sort of alcohol in it. He waves his hand in front if us, directing us to enter the room.

"Drinking already, are we Uri?" Tobias jokes. Laughter fills the room with people who I didn't realize were there.

"Haha, very funny," Uriah says sarcastically while putting his hands in the air in defense. I giggle and grin from ear to ear. Classic Uriah.

I see Christina and Will sitting next to each other on the couch. It still hurts every time I look at Will knowing that I almost killed him and that he could have been the one who killed my mother. I quickly push the thought of my mother out my mind, not wanting to remember.

I also see Shauna standing by the island in the kitchen with Zeke sitting next to her. They look really happy together. In the corner of the room I see Matthew and Cara talking about something. I can't hear their conversation, though.