4

"Whyyy can't it just be the weekend already?"

"You look like an eskimo," Carlos says and I pull my blanket tighter around me. Blankets are just my favourite things in the world.

"Thanks." Sitting on the couch beside him and Naomi – his girlfriend – I interrupt their romantic time together and he pauses the movie.

"Do you mind?"

"No, you can stay. As long as you don't make out." I grab the remote and put on something more interesting – like spongebob.

Naomi puts her hand on Carlos's leg. "It's okay, we can just go upstairs."

Hunnnnyyyyyy.

These kids are fourteen, let's just calm down. I sound like a hypocrite because I lost my virginity at fifteen to the devil, but fourteen is a lot different to fifteen. It just is.

"No, you guys just stay here. I'll leave." Stomping into the kitchen, I get a packet of chips and sit across from Alex as he does something on his laptop.

"I'm so bored."

No reply.

"I think Carlos and Naomi are already having sex."

No reply.

"I'm bored."

What the fuck is he doing? What could be more interesting than me?"

"Do you think I should get my clit pierced?"

"Please do not say anything like that to me ever again."

"That's what you get for ignoring me." I struggle to get my phone out of my sports bra when I get a text. It's in there because I have no pockets right now and blankets haven't evolved enough to have pockets.

Wesley Are u okay? Ty is a creep

Me I'm used to creeps

Wesley U coming on Saturday?

Me Yeah unless u don't want me to

Wesley I do want you to

Wesley I mean why would I not?

Me Dunno

Wesley Gonna be better with u there

Me How so?

Wesley  👀

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

"What are you smiling at?"

"What? Nothing. I'm not smiling," I drop the smile from my face.

Alex narrows his eyes. "Oh, and you're not in the place to say anything about Carlos and Naomi having sex. You are also a child who should not be doing it."

I glare and throw a chip at him then regret it straight away because I could have ate that.

+++

"Oh, Brooke's coming by the way," I tell Max while buckling up my seatbelt.

"I know. She's going with Wes."

"Oh."

"My friend Casey is also coming," he smiles and I roll my eyes. Great. By friend he means the girl he just started talking to who he's gonna sleep with then magically stop being friends with.