13

"Jace Daniels!"

Everyone in the corridor looks at me, shooting me annoyed glares whereas Jace takes his time turning around.

As soon as I get to him, he screams, "Yasmin Fuentes!" We get more glares and I laugh. Jace has been in a mood these past few days, but a smile manages to surface on his face.

"Do you still have your fake ID?"

"Yes."

"Can you get me alcohol?"

"Kid, you're going to alcohol therapy. I don't think I should be hooking you up the goods."

"Please, Daniels. If you don't i'll just find someone else to."

"Find someone else to then." He turns around and I grab his shoulder.

"I don't have a problem with drinking. I just wanna have fun."

"Look, drink at your parties and that's all. You don't need it during the week."

"I want to have fun during the week."

He rolls his eyes and turns around again. I grab his shoulder and pull him back.

"Jace, just get it today and I won't ask you again for a week."

"A week?" He laughs.

"So that's a yes?"

"No, it's a no."

I step closer to him and put my hands on my shirt, turning on my flirty eyes. "Please?"

He leans in close to me and for a moment I think he's going to kiss me, but instead he says, "Fuck off," and turns around.

"Asshole!"

"Why you screamin' about anus in the middle of school?" Val asks, coming up behind me with his friend Sam.

"Because she likes anal, duh," Sam says. I grab his nose and pull it backwards, making his head jerk back and a painful sound come out of his mouth. Val laughs.

+++

"Your mother has been telling me about the things you've been up to," Dad says. Gosh, this is what I hoped would not come up. Mom doesn't even know i'm visiting him because i'm grounded, but she's at work so she'll never know.

"She has?"

"Yes, we speak which may come as a surprise."

"Hmm, so hows the relationship going?"

"Don't change the subject. You got drunk in school, really?"

"Do they have food here?" Val interrupts, looking around.

"You don't want it, trust me," Dad looks back to me. "Yasy, I had no idea you were going through this. I have no idea what is happening in your life that has brought you to all this drinking."

I used to tell him everything, but now he knows nothing and it breaks my heart. I close my eyes, the pain in my chest making my eyes water. I don't open them again until the wetness is gone.

"I miss you, Dad," I blurt out.

"Yas," he reaches out and takes my hand. "I miss you too more than you could ever think."

"What about me? You don't miss me?" Val plays.

Dad gently hits his cheek. "Of course, bud."

"'Cause i'm your favourite."

"I don't have favourites."

"Pffft."

"I don't."