20

Waking up in Jace's bed is a surprise, and I start to wonder how the hell I got here until remembering last night. Jace slept on the floor to be respectful – who would have thought he even knew what that word meant.

I move onto my back and stretch my arms out, but my left arm lands on something. Someone.

Jace? Why's he in the bed? His chest is also exposed – so is mine. Why the hell am I naked?

He moves his head to face me and a glowing smile forms on his face. "I love waking up to you."

"What are you doing here? I mean-"

"I wouldn't leave you straight after we had sex."

"You did it before," I say without realising. That's not important right now.

"I wish you'd forget that." He moves on top of me and kisses me and for some reason I allow it. The kiss is sweet and it seems to go on forever, but I never want it to stop. I've never felt anything so good.

"I love you," he whispers against my lips.

"You don't know love."

"I know that you are love."

"You don't love me." The room seems to turn dark and when I look at him, he's not familiar to me. My brain thinks he's Jace but he doesn't look like Jace.

"Don't be stupid."

"I'm not stupid." I try to move out from under him but he pins my arm down.

"You're acting like a little girl. How can you think I want anything more than sex with a stupid little girl?"

"Get off of me!" I screech and his hand grips onto my shoulder, making me feel more scared. "Stop! Stop!" Why is he doing this?

"Shut up," he yells and shakes me.

Suddenly i'm aware that it was all a dream when my eyes snap open and i'm back in Jace's room, except its light and the bed is the right way round. I'm still being shaken, and Jace is beside me with his hand on my shoulder.

Pushing his hand off, I sit up and grab the clothes that are on my body to make sure they are definitely there. Jace watches me, confused, and I try to calm my breathing.

"It was a dream," I say to myself and it helps to calm me down.

"Are you okay? You were talking in your sleep-" He reaches his hand out to touch me and I move away, making his face fall.

It wasn't him. It was my evil mind, the side of me that hates myself for being everything that I am; a pathetic little girl. Jace did nothing wrong – he wouldn't do that to me.

"I just- sorry. It was a bad dream."

"That was fuckin' scary," he sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "I mean, it was creepy. What was it about?"

"Nothing," I say too quickly and he raises his eyebrows. "I'm gonna tell Santi to pick me up." I grab my phone from the bedside table.

"I'll take you-"

"No, thanks, but I don't want anyone to see that I was with you."

He laughs, "Why? Am I your secret boyfriend or something?"

"Alex-"

"Alex is cool with us being friends."

"He wouldn't be cool with us spending the night together."

"As if you care. What's actually going on? Scared your boyfriend will be at your place?"

I don't look at him again and I call Santiago, putting my phone to my ear and praying he answers.