26

"Thanks," Jace says after paying the taxi driver and we both get out. There wasn't much conversation on the journey, except when we decided Jace would come back to my house and stay over.

I reach the front door and pause before going in when Jace clears his throat.

"This doesn't have to be weird," he says. I turn around, feeling the hairs on my skin stand up as he comes closer.

"It's not weird. Nothings weird. What's weird?"

"Okay, so enough with the awkward silences. You've grabbed my dick before and spoke to me like it didn't even happen straight after."

Cringing.

"That's different."

"How?"

"Cause it was to annoy you... it wasn't because I actually wanted to... do anything." And what just happened was real. The feelings were real.

He looks confused. "What, and you want to do something now?"

"No," I say too fast. "No," I repeat quieter, more to convince myself. "I just... I don't know. Can we pretend this didn't happen?"

He looks down, "Sure." When his eyes meet mine again, he steps closer, trapping me between him and the door with his arms on either side of my body. "Can we pretend other things didn't happen?"

I'm silent as his head moves in closer and his lips touch my neck. He kisses it slowly, making my knees go weak and my stomach to explode with butterflies. Holy lord.

"Jace," I say through a sigh. "You need to stop."

"Your voice doesn't sound very convincing that you want me to stop." His breath on my neck makes my whole body shiver. I've never felt anything so amazing.

The door opens and my legs are so weak that I almost fall backwards. When Jace pulls back and I see his gorgeous face, it makes me imagine grabbing him and kissing him.

It was like everything inside of me craved him. The need for alcohol was nothing compared to how much I needed him.

His face turns cold when he looks behind me, so I turn to see which of my brothers opened the door, except it's not my brother. It's Wesley.

"What is he doing here?" I say to Max who's behind him. "Are you really gonna keep being friends with him?"

"No, I was just kicking him out."

"You're already banging him a day after we have an argument?" Wes accuses and my hands ball into fists. Ohhh this boy.

"It wasn't an argument. We're over. Now get the hell out and don't come back." I walk past him and into the house.

"You really wanna break up over one thing I said? I thought you'd be used to people talking about their experiences with you."

"Please let me beat his ass," Jace says to me.

"Stay out of this, Daniels. No one needs your tough talk right now, as if you'd actually lay a hand on me."

Straight after Wes says that, Jace punches him in the stomach.

Wes groans and coughs, clutching his stomach. "You're so dead." He goes at Jace but Jace dodges his punch, and before he can do anything else I get in between them and push Wes.

"Get out! Just get out, Wes! I fucking hate you, you make me sick. Just fucking leave!"

They're all silent as they stare at me in my state of distress. I've lost my breath from being so angry and all I wanna do is scream at him more. Instead, I walk upstairs and go into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.