Chapter 12: Storms.

April 19th, 2016.

I have always, been a storm.

Today was both Carrie and Harrison's first day back on set after what happened.

The alarm clock went off and Carrie wrapped her arms tighter around Harrison's waist. After a few minutes, she jumped up sweating.

"Another nightmare?"

She nodded with tears in her eyes.

"They-They just won't stop. The nightmares, the pain... it's all doubling up on me."

"Hey," Harrison rubbed her back. "We will be ok, we will make it through this. I promise." He said and Carrie started crying.

"Harrison, why did this have to happen to us? I wanted a baby so bad!"

Harrison teared up and hugged her tight, bringing her head to his chest. "I'm calling George... I don't think you're ready to go back today." He said and Carrie sighed.

"I've got to go back at some point."

"Not today," Harrison said, "you're not ready and to be completely honest, I don't think I am either."

Carrie nodded and he grabbed the phone, walking out of the room.

💕💕💕

"I really wanted to have a baby, Harrison."

Harrison put his waffle down and looked across the table at her.

"I wanted one so bad. I was so ready to be a mother... so ready. I was ready to have a little boy or girl running around. A little boy that looked like you, or a little girl that looked like me. I wanted that so freaking bad! But... it didn't happen. Just like everything else, it was taken away from me. Harrison, why did I have to lose my baby? I wanted this so bad."

Harrison was now crying and he reached his arm out, taking her hand in his.

"I'm so sorry, Carrie." He cried and Carrie started crying to.

"I was so excited about seeing you as a father."

"And I couldn't wait to see you as a mother."

Carrie sighed and put her plate on the counter. "I'm not hungry anymore." She said and Harrison stood up as well.

"Yeah, I'm not either."

After he put his plate up, he took Carrie in his arms.

"I love you, sunshine. So much."

Carrie nodded, "I know you do. And I love you too. More than you will ever know." She said and Harrison smiled.

"I think I might know."

Carrie giggled and they stood in silence for a minute.

"Harry...? Do you think we'll make it through this?"

"Of course we will," he nodded, "we always will. Even if it seems like there's no way we will make it, we will."

Carrie looked up at him and kissed him.

"It's so hard."

"I know, Carebear."