Chapter 13: It Still Hurts.

April 21st, 2016.

Carrie and Harrison had finally got done with the last scene of the day.

"Carrie, you did great today." George said and Carrie nodded. "Thank you. I really tried my best." She said and he smiled. "Well, you did great." He said.

Carrie nodded again then looked at Harrison. "I'm going to the trailer." She said and he nodded. "I'll be there in a little bit." He said then she walked off.

"Carrie's still having a hard time?"

Harrison nodded. "Yeah, she is. I'm very worried about her, George. She's not taking it very well at all." He said.

"Harrison, she lost a baby. She's not supposed to take it well." George said and Harrison sighed. "You know what I mean. Like, she's very depressed. She won't eat and she's scared to go to sleep because she can't stop having nightmares." Harrison said and George frowned.

"I'm sorry. If she still isn't ready to come back to work, I'll understand. Her well being is most important."

"Thank you, George. I think she's ok with working, though. Trust me, if she doesn't look like she wants to come tomorrow, I won't let her."

George nodded then shook Harrison's hand. "I'm praying for you, Harrison. I know this is tough. Now, go on to the trailer and check on her." He said.

"I will, thank you."

•••

Harrison walked in the trailer and saw Carrie sitting at the table.

"Hey, sweetheart."

Carrie nodded. "Hi..." she said with a slight frown. Harrison sat next to her and looked into her eyes. "You ok, sweetheart?" He asked and she shrugged. "I-I don't know... I guess I am." She said and he shook his head.

"I don't think you are. Talk to me."

"I... there's nothing for me to say. I mean, you know why I'm depressed." She said and he frowned. "Carrie..." he said but trailed off. He didn't really know what to say either.

"Forget it, I'm going to bed."

Carrie stood up and tried to walk off but Harrison stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Carrie, we need to talk about this."

"I don't want to! Just leave me alone! I want to go to bed and that's what I'm going to do!"

Harrison let go of her and she ran off. After a few minutes he walked into their room and she was laying in the bed sobbing.

"Sweetheart, please. Talk to me."

Carrie shook her head. "I'm a mess. I lost a child. And I don't know how to handle it." She said and he teared up."

"Just give yourself some time. That's what I'm trying to do. We'll hopefully get better."

"But this has messed me up. I-I can't believe it happened."

Harrison sighed and looked at her. "I'm going to fix dinner. What do you want?" He asked and she shook her head.

"I'm not hungry. Go fix yourself something, I'm going to get some writing done." She said, standing from the bed.

Harrison walked over to her and placed a kiss on her head. "I love you, Carrie. You know that. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here." He said.

She nodded and placed a quick kiss to his lips before leaving the room. He sighed then made his way to the kitchen.