Chapter 17: You Scared Me.

May 8th, 2016.

Carrie woke up with a frown. Today's the day she's been dreading since it happened, Mother's Day.

She got up from the bed and looked out the window, the birds were flying around together. And the flowers were blooming. Everything was so beautiful! But, seeing everything so beautiful and happy, made Carrie feel worse.

Harrison woke up alone. He knew what today was, and he knew that this would be one of the hardest days for himself and Carrie since the miscarriage.

He looked around the room and saw Carrie staring out the window. Slowly, he climbed out of bed and stood behind Carrie, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?"

She slowly nodded and put her hand on the window.

Harrison hated seeing her like this. He knew that today would be horrible... and he was not ready for it.

Carrie leaned against his chest, her eyes still glued to the window. Looking around at the beauty of it all, she started crying.

"Carrie," Harrison whispered, wiping the tears off of her cheek, "it'll be ok."

Carrie shook her head, removing his arms from her. Harrison put his arms on her waist again, but she pushed him off.

"Carrie, let me be with you. Please."

She shook her head, grabbing the curtains in her hands. "I... need to be alone." She got out, turning to look at him.

"Please..." he whispered.

"No, Harrison! I c-can't! I can't do this, let me be!"

Slowly nodding, Harrison left their bedroom. He shut the door behind him and just like that, Carrie was alone.

She dropped to the floor, crying uncontrollably. "I... can't.... I can't do this!" She yelled. Then, at the top of her lungs, she started screaming.

Harrison ran in, scared to death. "Carrie!" He yelled, dropping to the floor beside her. "I'm going to call 911, I'll be back." He said, running off to get the phone.

Carrie laid there, unaware of what was going on. Before she knew it, paramedics were above her, getting her onto a stretcher. The last thing she saw was Harrison, before blacking out.

•••

Carrie woke up. She looked to her left and saw Harrison holding her hand.

"You're ok," he whispered, "you had a panic attack. We're going home soon, sweetheart, I promise."

"Harry... am I going to make it?"

He smiled, "Yes, beautiful, you'll make it. It's just, the depression of today triggered you into a panic attack. That's all it was." He said.

Carrie slowly nodded and looked at the wall. "On a scale of one to ten, Harrison, how bad did I scare you?" She asked.

"Maybe a... thirteen."

Carrie frowned and gave his hand a squeeze. "I'm sorry, Harry. If it makes you feel any better, I scared myself too." She said.

"No, that doesn't make me feel better. But can I tell you what will?" He asked. She looked at him, and nodded. "What?" She asked.

"To see your beautiful smile. The beautiful smile I fell in love with a few years ago."

Carrie looked at him and he gave her a lop sided grin, causing her to smile.

"There it is!" He exclaimed and she giggled. "Harry, stop it." She said.

He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I love you, Carrie." He said.

"I love you too... sorry for scaring you today." She said and he nodded.

"It's ok... I'm just happy that you're alright."