Chapter Two

LAUREN'S P.O.V.

I watched from Hunter's car as Lexi Hedington waltzed into Jefferson High like she owned the place. Which in a way she did. Her dad was the vice principal. But my best friend had her beat until she was abducted two months ago and her mom, Principal Meister, quit to devote her time to finding her.

Hunter nudged my arm. "C'mon, babe, class is gonna start soon." I grabbed his hand as we walked to the front doors. "I had fun last night," he said as we stopped at my locker.

I shrugged. "We shouldn't have. Your mom will be furious if she finds out."

He smirked. "She won't."

I shook my head and waved as he walked down the hall to his homeroom. My friend, Olivia, met me at the door to Ms. Gordon's room.

"Tell me what happened! Now!" she squealed, jumping up and down

"Geez, Olivia. Hi to you too. And nothing happened. We were just hanging out," I said, clearly annoyed.

Olivia smiled. "There's something you're not telling me."

Ms. Gordon then walked into the room. "Good morning class. The announcements will be on soon so take a seat so I can call roll." No one listened. Surprise, surprise. No one ever did.

Ms. Gordon's eyes pleaded with me to help her out, so I did. I stood on my chair. "Everyone who sits down right now, gets a free ticket to next weeks basketball game! Starting now!"

Everyone raced to get a seat. Suddenly the announcements came on.

Mr. Jenkins, the replacement principal, came on the PA. "The cheerleaders are holding fundraisers for their new uniforms, so if you would like to help with that, please see Lauren Hydell and Lexi Hedington, the co-captains. In other news..."

I had stopped listening. I guess they had finally found Jordyn Meister's replacement as co-captain. Great.