Chapter Twenty-two

LAUREN

Two weeks left. Two weeks until these children are evacuated. I'm in so much pain. I can barely walk so I have Brooklyn bring my assignments home. I haven't seen Brenton since I found out. I left that day and I never went back. I don't plan on it either. Hunter kept bugging me about being in the delivery room so finally I said yes. Butt on one condition: he leaves me alone after that. I've started going out with Caden, who's actually a really nice guy, even though he was acting kind of creepy. Still haven't talked to Caleb; it still stings to think about what he did to me. And I have done nothing but be there for him since we started being friends. Lexi hates me but was kicked off the cheerleading squad when she didn't pass a drug test. Olivia still isn't warming up to me. Brooklyn took Lexi's place as head cheerleader and refuses to lead the squad in any way different than Jordyn did. My dad made contact with my mother and me, and explained that he was sorry for everything and my parents announced their mutual decision to get a divorce. I had taken the SATs earlier than the other sophomores and the administrative office was deciding whether or not I would be put in Advanced Biology I, along with Advanced Calculus II, and not have to take a P.E. class. On the brightest side of life, I was ready to give life to two beautiful children who I'll love for the rest of my life. And I was ready to raise them with the help of whomever was willing. It would be so difficult, but I think I can do it. You never know. Shari and Mike had offered to help, but with Brenton I was afraid of how that would end. My parents, along with Hunter's mom, had agreed to split grandparenting time equally. Everything was going great until it wasn't.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So...what do you think? I'm really enjoying this book and I'm going to be wrapping it up shortly. Maybe I'll write a sequel. Who knows?

-baby-boo-1027