Chapter Twenty-three

LAUREN'S P.O.V.

*two weeks later*

Brooklyn Lily and Bailey Grace were born yesterday. They are so beautiful. I smiled at Hunter as he held Brooklyn carefully, as if he was holding a porcelain doll. His mom, Leslie, suddenly walked in. "How beautiful. Names?" she questioned, taking Brooklyn from Hunter.

I smiled. "You have Brooklyn Lily and this here is Bailey Grace."

Hunter took a picture of Leslie holding Brooklyn and smiling down at her. I planned on making scrapbooks for the grandparents at Christmas. I could do this. I graduated next year anyway. I could get a job and starting going to college. I was so ready.

Leslie left shortly after he held Bailey, and my mom arrived shortly after that, with Caden trailing behind her. Caden kissed me softly after my mom took Brooklyn. I had missed him. My dad hadn't stopped by and no one was sure if he would. I would get over it. Hunter glanced at my hand in Caden's, a sad look interrupting his chiseled features.

I quickly let go, maneuvering to get out of the hospital bed. Everyone rushed to stop me.

"Geez, I'm fine. I'm not a China doll. Let me do things," I said, walking towards the tray of food on the side of the room. But then I fell, and everything went black.