Chapter Five

LAUREN'S P.OV.

I woke up sweating and feeling nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and vomited. I hoped it was just a stomach bug. It had to be. I could not be pregnant. My parents would kill me.

I called Olivia and she offered to buy me a pregnancy test. I accepted the offer and began to get ready for school. I showered and dressed, taking my time. I finally called Hunter to see when he was picking me up.

As I got into his car, Olivia texted me.

Olivia: I've got the test. Homeroom or lunch???

I caught up with her in homeroom and told her I wanted the test at lunch. We walked slowly to our first hour and finally she spoke.

"You could have told me you slept with him, you know? I wouldn't have judged you. What were you so afraid of?" she questioned with a hurt look on her face.

I sighed. "I don't know ok? I just don't know."

Caleb smiled at me as I sat down. "Hey," he said. "How are you?"

Suddenly I burst into tears. I couldn't take it anymore. Everyone would be so disappointed if I was pregnant. Especially Caleb. He thought of me as innocent and naïve. How would I explain to him that I had suddenly ditched the good girl image for the pregnant teen one?

What about my parents? If I was already a disappointment what would I be if I was pregnant? No one thought I would be the first girl in our grade to get pregnant. Everyone had their money on Evelyn for that one.

I suddenly realized the whole class was staring at me. How was I supposed to explain why I was crying? Nausea overcame me and I ran for the bathroom. Olivia had given me the test in homeroom. I had it with me. Might as well get it over with, I thought to myself. After waiting ten minutes for my results, I checked the test. Positive. Shit.