Chapter 1- You don't own me

“He watching you still” Tamara says. I look over my shoulder again to see the same boy from the line outside, leaning on the wall, his eyes watching my every move. Short brown hair, not too pale and deep brown eyes. Blue checked t-shirt and white jeans with white plimsolls. He’s been staring at me for ages and it’s getting slightly creepy. He gives stalker a new name.

“Just stop looking, he’ll get the message” I say and turn to face the front, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling of his eyes on me.

“This band is a bit crap isn’t it” Tammy says as she pulls out her phone and starts flicking through her phone to keep her mind occupied from falling asleep.

“When Mirrorscape comes on, I’m sure the room will feel more alive” I say. I can’t even remember the name of this band. All I know is that they suck.

“What’s happening with you and Tom?” she asks trying to start a conversation.

“The butterflies are fading, everything feels different now” I reply plainly as I check my nails. The blue nail varnish is scraping off slowly.

“Aw and you were so cute together” she says.

“Yeah well he’s the one pushing me away, when he-”I was cut off by the shouting around me as Mirrorscape walked on. I start to shout and scream with Tammy as we start getting hyper and excited. They start singing mine and Tammy’s all-time favourite song Secret world, so we start jumping and singing along.

“Watch it dude!” I shout as beer is spilt down my white t-shirt. The guy stumbles backward only to get hit by someone else.

“Surry love” he slurs. Completely and utterly drunk. I wonder how much he’s actually had to drink. Three, four pints maybe.

“You’re pretty” he says and pulls me close, his arm wrapping tightly around my waist. I push him away making him stumble again and get lost in the crowd. Phew, that was a close one. I push through the crowd and following the signs as I make my way to the bathroom. I look in disgust at the wet patch that the drink had left. Really it was more like my side was drenched. Just great, just perfect. I walk out trying my best to hide my wet patch with my leather jacket. I tear Tammy away from the front and into the empty hallway. I try to concentrate on Tammy instead of the sticky feeling on my body.

“What are you doing? We’re missing Mirrorscape” she hisses.

“Look at this” I say and hold out my top.

“Oh boohoo Rose, this is Mirrorscape we’re missing”. I groan as she runs back into the crowd. I watch from afar till the concert ends. The alcohol was slowly seeping through my jacket and the smell was rising. I walk out with the crowd and down the street. I don’t know where Tammy is and quite frankly I don’t care. All I care about it getting out of this wet shirt and having a bath. Across the street a group of women were walking out of the pub laughing and there were some men smoking. My heels make a noise on the pavement.

 Suddenly a guy pushed my into the alleyway making me fall on the floor into a puddle, great more water. I look up to see an old guy standing over me. I scramble up. He had scruffy, ripped clothes on with no shoes only socks and his hair was matted with long beard.