Chapter 6- Danger, Danger

“Niall, just one question why?” I ask as I come downstairs. He was sitting on the floor, his head upside down, playing twister. Of all the games he chooses that one where the room could get destroyed.

“Because I’m bored and you’ve took my best mate” Niall complains.

“There’s a reason Niall, she’s not safe at the minute” I say and sit down on the couch. I sigh audibly.

“Spin for me” he asks. I shake my head but take the cardboard thing anyway. I flick the arrow.

“Right hand on blue” I say and watch Niall as he struggles to put his right hand under his stomach. This could be entertaining.

“Heya guys. Oh my, Niall I’m joining in” Harry exclaims and he walks through the door. Taking off his shoes he pushes Niall over and gets on the mat. Harry hates this game, well he loves it but he hates it when he loses, this isn’t going to end well.

“Hey, right come on then Liam, we’re waiting”.

“Okay Harry, but don’t get angry. Remember it’s just a game. Okay, right foot to orange”. They both struggle to manoeuvre around each other. I avert my head to the banging coming from upstairs then a loud slam comes. I stand up quickly as does Niall and Harry. What the hell? Oh no, Rose!

Liam should we you know go up. I don’t know Niall, Harry any ideas? I’m asking Harry for ideas with a vampire.

Well let’s just stand at the end of the stairs and shout up. We take a few steps together and look up the stairs. We probably look really funny all standing together in a line.

“Rose… Louis… you okay?” I shout up.

“Tails!” Niall shouts as well.  I turn to face Niall.

“Tails?” I question.

“Her second name is Taylor, so I said Tails as her nickname” he says and shrugs. How come he can give her a name and she doesn’t care about it but if I called her one hell would break loose?

“Um guys we have bigger problems” Harry says and taps us both on the shoulders before turning our heads to look at the top of the stairs. Ah shit… Rose was sitting at the top baring her fangs with blood dripping down them. She looked like a typical new-born vampire except this one was ruining the carpet, blood doesn’t come out easily.

“Erm what do we do?” Niall whispers.

“Stay very calm, she senses fear”. Niall slaps me when he senses my sarcasm.

“You stay calm!” I take a step up to the first step and puts out my hands.

“Easy Rose, it’s okay honey. I’m right here” I say calmly and take another step. She growls so I back down.  She stares at me, he eyes pitch black, no emotion, then she moves back slowly and sits on her bum; her head falls and her knees come up. I take another step.

“It’s okay, don’t worry. We’re not going to hurt you” I say and take another few steps up. She starts whimpering, she’ll need to get it into her head, we can’t cry. I reach the top, taking another step forward I sit next to her and wrap my arms round her. She leans in and relaxes on my lap. Thank the devil that she hasn’t hurt us.

“Shh, it’s okay” I whisper and nod to the boys. They breathe out before walking up the stairs slowly, still unsure on Rose’s change of mood.

“Go check on Louis, I know how vicious they can get” I say. I guess we all do apart from Niall. I put up with Harry, Harry put up with Zayn, Zayn, me and Harry put up with Louis then we all put up with Niall that was a fun week. Instead of being angry Niall kept hiding everywhere. In the forest, in the house, in other houses, it was hell trying to find him. I brush Rose’s long hair, such beautiful hair- long and blonde, I bet she would have suited her brown hair but she’s stuck with blonde now- and gently move it out of her face. “The worst is over; the first day is always hard. Just keep calm okay, I’m right here”. I hear a bit of movement before Harry and Niall walk through with Louis in their arms.