Chapter 11- Home in time to fall in love

We sat in the boarding area waiting for our call to get on the plane. For once in my life I actually felt safe with Liam. I know he’s here and he’s not going anywhere. Then we’ll get home and the rules will come back and I’ll get sarcastic again and he knows that. But I’m going to savour the moment. The moment when we’re not at each other’s throats all the time. I lean my head on Liam’s shoulder. This holiday has just gone up in smokes. I was only there for two days.

“Are you okay Rose?” You hungry… thirsty?” I shrug my shoulders. I don’t feel like drinking or feasting. I just nearly died. This is awkward. I’m alone with Liam and yet I have nothing to say. I sit up straight and pick up my bag. I fumble through my various items till I find my phone and bring it out, letting the bag fall to the ground again. I click on the message from Niall.

Sorry you’re left with Liam. Miss you and can’t wait to see you. Smoothies waiting for you x

Same old Niall. I need a smoothie. I have a craving for pancakes.

“Go get me a coffee Liam” I say. He looks down at me. “Please” I say. “With a fang on top”. He laughs.

“I’ll see what I can find”. As soon as he was out of sight I type in Tom’s number in my phone and ring him.

“Hello… hello! Look Tamara if it’s you fudging round again then just get a life… dude just stop it, I swear I’ll-”. I disconnect the call quickly. He sounded so angry. I grab my bag and walk slowly towards the toilet only to bump into Liam on the way.

“Hey are you okay?” He puts his hand on my shoulder, hoping to comfort me.

“Toilet break” I say.

But we don’t pee. “Then I need to freshen up”. I excuse myself before walking away and into the bathroom. Luckily it was empty. I walk into a stall and put down the seat before sitting on it and pulling my legs up onto the seat. I miss Tom so much. But he has someone else now, Tamara my ex friend. I don’t care, we were in love, I loved him. His voice, so amazing especially in the morning, so hot and sexy. Stop thinking bout it, it’ll only make you more upset.

“Excuse me” the woman knocks on the door. “Are you alright in there? I could hear you crying”.

“Yes, sorry. Just thinking about an ex I had” I say.

“Ah dear, he just wasn’t worth it if he’s your ex. You’ll find someone better. He’s probably right under your nose”. Right under my nose… someone would have to be mad to like an undead creature of the night like me.

“Thank you. Sorry for being so loud”.

“I don’t mind dearie, plenty of tears have fallen from these eyes because of men. They’re not worth crying over”. I hear her walk away then the door slam shut. He’s only my ex because I “died”. And under my nose, I wish. Falling for a blood sucking vampire is just stupid. Like Callum, he has no clue. He has no clue where I am, I’ve just realised. I walk out the stall and stand next to the sink, looking up at the mirror. Pale face, bright, alive eyes. Brown hair that falls to the side of my shoulder. Still the normal girl that used to have a normal life. I have to stop thinking like this. I leave the bathroom and meet Liam at the seat again.

“Hey” I say as I sit down.

“Are you okay?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I breathe out.

“Here’s the coffee you asked for”. He handed me it and I took a sip.

“This is cold and half empty” I say. He chuckles.