Chapter 22- Fight to the last

I open the letter to see scrawny writing all over the place. Three words stood out at the bottom- Love from Simon. What does he want? No, no, no!

Dear Rose,

                 How I have missed our little meetings in London. I finally found your location in New York so I should mention you should come home right now! Like seriously right now, I’ve got your mom, brother, boyfriend and best friend tied up on my cold basement floor. They’ve been enjoying themselves down there, your mom especially. How she loves my boys feeding on her? That’s not the best of it either so I think you should come home, join me and we’ll let them go. Together we can’t be unstoppable. Also don’t you think you’ve ruined Liam’s life enough? He doesn’t want you Rose, get the message. He’s been trying to push you away for a very long time. He’s sick of you so join me and I’ll look after you. Join me Rose. Make the right choice. Come into the league of awesome. And I can’t believe I’ve just wrote that but we’re awesome so come and join us.

Love from Simon, your dearest ally x

What does he mean he’s got my mom, my friends?  Liam doesn’t want me. I’ve got to join him. I don’t want to join him! I look up to see Ethan staring at me. I say one moment before ripping up the letter and letting it fall to the floor. I was about to rip the envelope in half when I felt something inside. I pull it out to see pictures of my mom tied up and the vamps feeding on her. Yeah we can be seen on cameras, weird right. There was another of Liam with another girl but I couldn’t be bothered with that arse. I was more set on the fact that he really has got my family. 

I sink to the floor and cradle my legs.

“Rose, are you okay? What is it baby?” Ethan asks, fear in his voice.

“Some guy. I need to go home right now”.

“Do you need me to drive you to the airport?” he asks.

“No, I have something to tell you” I say as I stand up as does he.

“What is it? Jeez it’s not herpes is it?” he asks.

“What, no way! Eww” I freak out. He does his reassuring laugh.

“That’s okay. What’s this about?” he asks.

“I’m a… I think I should just show you” I say before lifting up my lip and showing him my fangs. He steps back in shock.

“You’re a… wow that kinda puts a damper in our relationship” he chuckles. At least he sees the funny side of this.

“Sort of. There’s this guy at home, the bad guy who has my mom and my friends and brother and I need to save him, while avoiding Simon the bad guy and staying  away from joining him” I say in one breath.

“Okay I think I understand that” he says. “Do you need help?” That’s just like the worst thing you can ask for that.

“Lots of really old vampires and strong” I add. “And you, a human wants to help”. I start to laugh.

“Hey I’m strong”. I walk over to him and shove his shoulder with my pinkie making him fall over.

“Yes you’re strong” I say sarcastically. I help him up.

“No wonder you have strong punches” he says as he rubs his shoulder.

“Vampire strength, oops” I giggle.

“It’s adorable” he says sexily before pulling my shirt down and kissing me.

“You’re sweet” I say.