CHAP 2. The Last One

ZARA'S POV

Class XII, 17 April 2017

I was busy playing with my thoughts while I scribbled something on the notebook I had in front of me. There was something in the air today...

It might be 'cause it's a warm April Day. It's seems quite easy to lose yourself in the warmth. Like I was loosing.

"Miss Hansdah!" said a stern voice seeming too desperate for my attention and it was successful. Successful in taking me out my dream land.

"umm" I voiced startled, as a reply.

"Miss Hansdah, I think we need the answer to the question. "

Those words were thrown back.

I glanced all over the black board in search of the question. Alas! All I could find was "17th April 2017" written in one corner of the board neatly. That date did bring in some joy rushing through my veins but I didn't find my answer that was hoped out of me.

"I don't know ", I answered with a puzzled face. Not even bothering to ask what the question was. It's as simple as it gets, I never got to know why I hated Physics or the reason to my inability to understand it. Maybe the very former was the reason for second.

Tripathi ma'am just murmured something only she could hear. For all I know she was distasteful of my lack of knowledge. But that's how it is and I can't help it. Just this year and I'll be free from this enigma.

That's how I spent my next four classes, 40 minutes each doodling occasionally being questioned but mostly lost in thoughts. These classes all seemed so useless at that point of time.

If anything seemed important to me at that point of time that was Nav. He was all there was to my thoughts.

I was just trying aimlessly to think of a way to wish him. Yes, today was Nav's birthday. That somehow occupied my mind like I couldn't process anything else out of my mind.Weird thing is he's been my friend since a very long time but it was only last month that I got to know about his birthday.

But now that I know about it, all I urge is that I had to wish him but in a manner which will make him see me in different light.

I don't why.

And I also don't know why at the hour of 00:00 I skipped texting or calling him. But it just didn't seem fair to wish him first. It's something his Mother should do to him.

They're so close. It's even silly to think being a friend I could top her. So I needed something else but special.

After awhile it felt I was stretching it too much. Hence, I decided to put it back of my mind.

___

It was eleven fifty five by the clock. And I still hadn't figured a way. I thought to myself. It was just too stressing for a oblivious reason.

I ditched the idea of even calling him. But I could text. Forget special. It just felt like I forgot his birthday and when me, myself is feeling it! He must be thinking it this way.

I picked my phone. "11:57" I glanced. Damn, I had to wish.

At that moment a text felt the most appropriate way out.

"Nav
Happy Birthday!" typed I and hit sent.

What kind of friend was I? Could even call him. And given that what makes me so volatile to make sure I wish him. What was the reason? It's not like we're weren't friends when I didn't.

Beep came a voice.
"Thanks
But don't you think you're a lil' late. "

I smiled to myself nervously.

"I was just thinking maybe you forgot"

So yeah he was thinking about me and my dotting ways. And then I don't know what came upon me and I texted back.

"Maybe I wanted to be the last one."

As soon as I tapped a click button. I regretted it. Maybe it's sounds too dramatic to be real life. What kind of friend says that.

"Shit" I sweared.

But as that feeling sank in there was a certain electricity between us. Like I could almost sense him showing his crooked smile on the other half. The best one he has. The mere thought of his sparkling smile made butterflies fly in my stomach.

That gave me confidence to write further.

"Perks of being last, you'll remember me. That helps!? :) Being the last one."

***
This part was longer than the preceding one. Hope you liked it.

What do you think about Zara?

Do you liked/loved the moment they had? The text part? Was it cute?

Do tell me in the comments. Please! And you can always vote by tapping star at the corner.

More to come. Love ♥