CHAP 23. Buddy Material

ABHINAV'S POV

Class XI, 4 June 2016

As soon as the hands struck eight every student in the room rushed out of it. This was daily scenario at the coaching. And I out of all people, you would've a different case. Yes, is the answer.

Forget running, I was barely dragging myself. Half tormented by slumber and half by my tiredness after four long hours of coaching.

"Man today's class was real stress. I felt like I would die in there."

I leaned against the wall outside the building of our coaching while listening to Meet scrutinize the situation.

"I feel the same bro. Same." I slurred as I had no energy to spare for even talking.

"You need a ride?"

Meet gestured in the direction his car which he was headed  towards.

I looked around for my neighbor who happened to go to the same coaching. Mother had requested his mother to kindly swing me along doing carpool or help, whatever it is called.

She had gone extra careful after my accident at the mall. She wouldn't let me ride the bike at this hour of the day.

Just then my phone pinged in my pocket.

Ain't heading home tonight. Sorry, u will have to manage.

"Guess I could really use that ride back home."

Meet flashed one of his signature toothy grin as he asked me to get in the back of the car. Soon getting in after me.

I don't know how do people like him even exist. I mean he is so down to earth, so amiable, so easy to befriend. He is one of those kind of people who you can't put hate or shade on even if you tried too hard.

He asked the driver to swing by my residence. He was a frequent visitor to my home so his driver knew my address by heart.

My home was on the other side while Meet's on opposite. Still he had the courtesy to ask, then also give me the ride. Right there, he did something totally selfless. A true gentleman of today's century.

"So about the plan to hangout...Abhi" pulling me out of my reverie I furrowed my eyebrows at me.

"What? Sorry I didn't catch you"

"About the hangout. It's not happening. She kind of refused." His tone held children's innocence, when they come up to you about some bad news.

I should have felt happy and elated to hear the news. I didn't, though. And I knew this before I even passed a reaction.

"What?Why?" I scowled.

For past one week, Meet has been annoying me to meet up again. I didn't want a repeat of that day so I initially refused, only to be broken by the time of weekend. I had also cancelled my other plans.

"God, am so sorry. I made you cancel all your plans."

She is doing it on purpose, I know this now. Was I so unbearable for her. She couldn't even do this for her boyfriend.

"I thought I could get her into doing this again. But she wouldn't consider. And no matter I have to respect her w..."

"Whatever." I spit before he could finish. Right now he was sounding like me, one year ago. Trying to respect boundaries and wills of Zara.