CHAP 24. Making This Mess | Part Two

ZARA'S POV

Class X, 18 January 2016

That deadly smile was a weapon and it was going to bring death upon me. I exhaled the breath I had held from so long as Abhi approached me.

"See, I am back." I immediately stood from the raised platform where I was seated.

You can do it, Zara. I know you can.

Motivation at times like this doesn't feel like it. All I felt was that I was being delusional and any time I confess my feelings, I'll be kicked in the shin.

"How did it go?" I wavered the tension inside me by starting the conversation somewhere. It's better than standing stupified in front of him like a dumb.

He made a face as if he was thinking deep and won't answer, only to find a chuckle leave his mouth after a while. "Let's just say I succeeded with flying colours."

We both laughed at his response. That's two people hating Exhibition presentation. He gestured me to sit back from where I had stood up from, following me after right beside.

"So. Tell me?" He raised his eyebrows as if teasing me but I knew that was his I am curious look.

"Uh...hm...ha" A string of odd and weird syllables left my mouth. I couldn't find the courage to jump straight to the talk. If I say I going to confess to him about how much I like him that means half hour of nonchalance before the real confession.

"Zar, tell me. What is it?"

"I..I hope you un..understand where I am coo..ming from and" I stammered out of nervousness when he cut me short.

"You are scaring me Zar."

Trust me I am scaring myself too.

"I will decide I understood it or not, when you tell me- what are you thinking of?" He assured me. It helped me but I still doubted if words were going to come out of my mouth.

Pursing my lips after sighing heavily, "I think I don't like people around you."

"What?" His wide eyed reflex caught me off guard.

Oh my God, don't kick me in the shin. Please, don't kick or hit me any form.

I opened my scrunched eyes only to find, him trying to hide it through his smile. However, that means I caught him off guard with my talk and now in return I am scared that I scared him.

Oh God. Oh God.

I prayed muttering the words to myself. The silence between us though felt like he wanted me to continue, so I did.

But did I tell you I continued the nonsense.

"I mean, see this is what I am talking about you take my words too literally. I am not asking you to lock yourself or just keep your company limited to me. That'd be sick. That means I would be called sick. God, why am I even talking. I don't kno.."

"Zar, calm down." He rubbed the small of my back up and down gently. Our closeness wasn't appropriate for a school exhibition experience and my mind asked me to steer away but my body went stiff. His action soothed only to make my heart screech inside my chest.

I raised my eyes to meet his black, dark ones and felt like I was home. He didn't try to move away either. It made me feel secure, quite an irony, isn't it?

"My possessiveness for you is..." I barely started when someone from Abhi's team called him to join.

Nice timing.