CHAP 3. Proposing Business

ABHINAV'S POV

Class IX, 29 September 2014

"Shit" was my reaction to her text. She was now making me nervous but in a good way. She wanted me to remember her. I had butterflies in my stomach. Was this even real?

I mean the way she is, she doesn't open up in texts like this.Not even to me. If she wrote it I know she meant it very seriously. As if she wanted to make it special for me.

Well, she achieved her goal. She quite clearly stole the show.

"Good then ‹3" I texted back and shut the phone up. The reply felt decent enough, well not the heart emoji. God knows whilst typing that I had my heartbeat going million fathoms down and then suddenly coming up. Still I managed to make myself believe that the text was decent.

I needed this feeling to sink in. Not rushing myself or her. But I was also fearful that she must have grown over time and maybe she meant it to be special in a very friendly way.

It almost made me remember one of the first few days of my getting to know Zara. It was the very same feeling burning in my chest. I knew she's was different but so much out of my league.

___

"Let's give Abhinav a dare?" one of my friend said very teasingly.

"Dare? But I chose truth? Me... " I was hesitant.

"How many times will you take up truth?" Shivang sprang out of his seats. "c'mon man be a sport, am sure you'll love it."

"Okay okay" I somehow wasn't convinced but that's the merit and de-merit of the game truth and dare. You are stuck. Sometimes you feel happy about it and sometimes bewildered. Like I was right now.

I agreed to play the game only to see someone being punched in a set of traps. And here I was falling in the very same pit.

"It's pretty simple, propose the girl well... " Shivang paused on that bit. What the hell! Did he just say propose. I can be a sport but am not sure how ready I am for this proposing business.

I swear to God I won't leave Shivang today. But right now I just hope he doesn't say her name. Please Shivang. I hoped you to be my friend not my death.

"The girl you love" he said it in a way that made me go very awkward, shit. This guy is going to end dead today. I prepared myself to do this murder today. In that moment my blood was boiling, like anger was oozing out of my face. I realised my face was about to turn red and then a shiver struck me. I froze. Propose her. Propose her before everyone, no. This was like I was being double tortured for I had to disclose her name on top of it propose her. I could feel my mouth running dry.

"or atleast the girl you've crush on" Mihir rose hoping to save me but it wasn't saving me. Not anymore.

And I don't know if reluctance was so evident on my face. Because in few seconds I could hear everyone shouting in unison "Propose, propose!"

What was this high school! Alas! It was. And these were my friends. I knew there was no coming out of it. Why were they doing this to a sixteen year old kid? My situation was very much like the rat trapped in a rattrap who is about to have the time of his life feeding on the cheese placed in front of him but everybody knows what happens after that. So if I was doing this shit, I had to do it Abhi style.

I stood up on the bench. Literally everyone's eyes were glued to me. Suddenly there was only silence in the classroom. Like the one where you drop a pin and it's deafening. I smirked and eyed them a little. They were thinking I was being cool. But I was hell scared. Even paralysed in some parts.

"Pass me the Fevicol (glue) please!" I was passed one with utter confusion. "so everybody," and I smirked again shortly after jumping off the bench straight to her feet. Still with all eyes on me.

Within no time I was on my knees, "I love you, and if you accept me and my love... I'd like to gift you this."

I said while moving my hands forward towards her which had the Fevicol box gripped. I was literally shaking at that instance. What was I up-to? Complete nonsense. I was swearing myself in my head.

"And stick us in a bond, so nobody ever do us apart." immediately I hung my head low signifying my submission to her.

I figured as soon as I said this the crowd of students came thundering with roar. Some hooting, some with my name - chanting. Girls were going "Aww" and some of my friends found a great reason to tease me about.

But all I hoped was to see the look on her face. What were her eyes showing? How her eyes were laid on me?

***

So guys, what do you feel about this chapter? Even this was a longer read than my first. Hope I satisfy.

Did you like the two moments? Tell me which one you liked more?

Also, do write in comments about your opinions and what you think will happen next? If you like/love the story don't forget to vote.

I'll be looking forward.

Keep reading, I intend to update soon.