CHAP 13. I LOVE YOU

ABHINAV'S POV

Class X, 13 July 2015

I need you, those words ran in my ears and I wanted to hear them once again just to convince my senses that she said them. And also to make myself believe that this wasn't some kind of stupid dream.

I instantly raised my dumbstruck gaze to look at her face. She was biting her lower lips a little. Someone else wouldn't have noticed it but at our given situation even the twitch of her muscles were evident. She hadn't got rid of my hand which she held with such poise in her small palms.

"I need you, Abhi" saying that once again her shoulders relaxed. They fell back a little.

I just stared at her blankly. I noticed her black ruffled hair tied up in a pony. She didn't let them fall up until her shoulders like she used to before. Not that I mind. I loved her no matter what.

The way her cheeks and nose were a tint of red against her pale skin made me want to reach in for her.

And then I realised she was waiting for a reply or something as she had her one eyebrow raised in a cutesy, cutesy manner.

"What! You're not going to say anything?" She said emphasising on the word anything with both her hands in air.

"Am I supposed to?" that earned me a smack from her.

"Really, Abhi?"

"Okay, mother" I tried to look like a little irritated. But in reality she never annoyed me. She was a treat.

"Huh, Don't sass Abhi!"

"Who, I?" I was really shocked at her allegation.

"Yeah, you. I don't know what's bothering you or what made you say things about me and Tanay like that..."

"Zar.." I immediately tried to make an attempt to apologise but she cut me soon enough I opened my mouth.

"Not in the middle!"

She continued.

"But I don't need an apology and I don't need you to justify it just now. You do it when you feel like doing it! I don't want to rush you."

Her eyes didn't even make a glitch while she said the last line. She moved forward and took my hand in hers once again.

"I... "

"You are bothered about something and I do want to know what it is but only when you feel ready to share. You weren't just hiding for a week from me for the sake of it. I know it. You need time and I understand. All I ask from you is you do too."

How could she be such an angel after I just acted like a douche bag? I asked myself. There was no way anyone else would have understood where I was coming from but she she read me like I was her favourite book. She didn't long for an apology or a lame explanation. I expected her to spat some cruel words once she gets back to me but she surprised me. She always did.

"I do"

"You do?" She asked with her face resembling just a kid of four or six.

"You need me and I am here for you, ma'am"

I said teasingly.

"Through thick and thin, on days of high and low?" She jumped in, closing our distance.

"Forever"

"I love you, best friend."

"Yeah,best friend.."

I felt a despondent feeling rise in my body as her "I love you" accompanied "best friend". But then the very next second I realised I had promised myself to keep my feelings aside. It was for the best. I was her friend first and friends don't exploit each other's feeling they understand them.

And luckily soon after I felt the same joy that was now plastered around her face.

"You said something?"

"I love you too, best friend."

And I simply hugged her.

***

Hey, guys finally I was able to write something that I was happy about in such a short amount of chaotic time. I hope you like this update.

I don't know guys, if I am doing justice to ABHINAV'S POINT OF VIEW. Feel free to hit me up about what you feel.

Next will be available soon.

Till then HAPPY READING GUYS, LOVE ♥.