CHAP 9. She Will Never Love Me

ABHINAV'S POV

Class X, 24 June 2015

It had only been two months since my accident at the mall. But according to doctor I was recovering fast. And now he ensured that he could see me back on the track.

I was so happy to find this silver lining because staying away from it made me realise how much running, the adrenaline mean to me. I might not end up on track right away but still there was a chance. Right now, that's all I needed. Hope, was all I needed.

In midst of my thoughts I just went back to the day I had told Zara about my accident. And how I lied to her. It's not like I didn't feel like spitting all the truth in front of her after that right away. But it was also a well known fact to me that she would worry way too much about it. And I didn't wanted her to give much thought on this topic.

After receiving the good news all I wanted to do was come up clean. Tell her all about it.

"Recess, recess is a good time to talk to her" I mumbled to myself in History class.

I tried to find her among the other students on benches in front of me. There was no hint of her. I glanced right and then left. Still no sign of her. I looked backwards and rummaged through each face by my eyes disappointed that she might have skipped school today. But that was very unusual.

"No, she can't." I tried to hide my disappointment with those words. She never skipped school. Like never ever. She held hundred percent attendance record not for one year but three. I know it's insane. But it was something unique about her. Besides it was a good way of having her face to look at everyday.

So, her skipping school is very odd.

As I was about to turn my gaze back at front the corner of my eyes suddenly noticed her sitting in the extreme edge of the class. She looked weary than usual and also tired.

I desperately wanted the class to end. And this thought made me bite my nails off.

"How much time!" I exclaimed to one sitting beside me. She never looked this weary, she is one of the most jolly person in my friend circle.

It made me screech even more. Just then the sound of the bell gave me relaxation.

I immediately got out of my seat but to my dismay, the Maths teacher, Mr. Prabhakar came rushing into the class shortly.

"What the hell!" It came out of my mouth louder than I had expected.

"Mr. Chauhan, your language!"

"Sorry, sir" The whole class was staring at me with wonder.

"Is there any problem?"

"No, sir" Saying so, I turned around to see if my actions had brought her out of her reverie.

"Sure, Mr. Chauhan?"

"No sir."

Everyone rose into an one big laughter. But she didn't even bother to raise her eyes.

"Mr. Chauhan!"

"ugh" I turned to face him again.

"What sir? Uhh, It's fine sir." A fits of laughter again.

"Take your sit then."

"Hmm" I didn't take my seat, because I barely processed what he was saying to me. I was still consumed by Zara.

"Mr. Chauhan, sit...", he said in a childish way.

And to this my benchmate pulled me down to take a seat forcefully.