CHAP 11. Pretty Helps

ABHINAV'S POV

Class X, 29 June 2015

"You do" she replied in a barely audible tone. And then I saw her shrink her body awkwardly.

"I do, the most?" I questioned again immediately moving forward.

She still had her back towards me and her face on opposite side. If Krrish and Tanay were weren't present here I would have just turned her to make her face me. Grabbed her hand to pull her closer and get my answer. I needed answer to not only this question but another zillion of them running in my mind.

But I resisted the temptations my mind were forging in front of me.

She moved enough to face me.

"You all matter to me equally." She said those words so awkwardly that I was almost too sceptical about it. I didn't even wanted to believe them.

But then why will she lie, huh. I just looked around Tanay and Krrish to avoid my heart from shattering. Did she just say that I almost mattered equally as Tanay and Krrish to her? Nothing more. One more look into her eyes and I would have given to my earlier temptations.

So I tried looking away a little. I don't know why she did this to me everytime. I gazed faces of other two boys.

Krrish had this blank feeling on his face. He really didn't care much. He knew the questionnaire was supposed to be a joke. But sadly to me it wasn't feeling like one. Her every word felt like sting on my body.

Tanay, that boy had a huge grin across his face. I don't even know how he could manage to be so cocky all the time.

"Not even me?" Tanay just hopped in between us gaining a startled reaction from Zara accompanying a backward step.

"Ughh, yeah."

Yeah, what did she even mean! The thought that she meant it as him being the most important too her made me feel betrayed. I didn't even felt the need to consider the other half, where she might have said it in annoyance.

She replied in quite distaste and weirdly made a face putting her both hands up.

"Sometimes you people irritate me to death. I'll do all your homework, all of yours... happy!" she returned to her seat and started scribbling.

Zara this wasn't about a pity homework. You are driving me mad. Don't you get it, Zar! I wanted to scream all these words at her. Make her see the evident connection between us. I wanted her to acknowledge our connection. But then maybe I had no right to ask her to do so. Maybe she never saw them.

"I think you should date Tanay." In order to avoid my emotional breakdown I said something that I immediately regretted. What the hell! What I was doing was even worse.

There was enough silence between all of us to hear the mockery plus anger in my statement. Krrish just gave me a weird face. Maybe he wanted me to stop.

But Zara, she gave me a dead look. Almost like she didn't even process it.

This made all those incident from morning rush back to my head. The way Tanay was so close to Zara and packed her hair behind her ear. The way she laughed when he was around him. This made my anger rise one more level. And I continued even when I clearly shouldn't have.

"Yes, I think you two will be lovely. Isn't he more than your friend...?"

She now was beyond startled. She had pursed her lips all this while. She got out of her seat to stand.

"Nooooo!"

There still was a weary silence.

"Where is this coming from Abhi?"