CHAP 10. I Thought I Mattered The Most

ZARA'S POV

Class X, 29 June 2015

It was a few days after my nervous breakdown in front of Tanay and Abhi.

I was kind of worried that I messed with my self esteem so badly. That someone's denial could do me so wrong. But I think that's where I remembered that this was the whole point the two boys were talking about. I have to stop judging myself. I don't have to think about my actions so much that I forget about living my life in the moment. I had to stop being this mechanic.

Everything now seemed pretty too me. I decided after that day that I couldn't be hung up on Arsh anymore. It was time to let him go. I mean to let him go for real.

Now, that I think of it how foolish was I! I was behaving like he was going to eventually fall in love with me even when he made his intentions pretty clear. It was just that he mattered to me too much.

But I am sorted now. Am I not.

"I am finally happy that you decided to move on" Misha chirped in excitement and hugged me tight. Though she was smaller than me but her hugs, they were the best.

"Yeah"

"Hey, You sure?" Sam said teasingly.

This made Misha give her a glaring look.

"What? I mean she does this on and off feelings thing too much. What makes you think this time it's real?"

That was Sam's attempt to justify her former question. And I totally knew where she came from.

"Whatever" Misha shrugged her shoulders and continued "My best friend has decided to move on and we are going to help her through that. I want her happy..."

"Trust me that's all I want too."

Watching them have this conversation made my skin tinkle down my stomach. My two girls were so cute. They loves me so much.

I didn't realise that I was giggling pretty hard at this thought. Only when I found them too eyeing me furiously made me realise so. I slightly gulped a sigh back down my throat, this was a weird time to release it.

I instantly came to know I was in trouble when they started hitting me (Playfully of course).

I was hurt that Shivi was missing all the friend action. I don't know, why she had to take another subject just to land her in totally different section. But it was recess so she could have showed up. Lately Shivi was behaving very distant due to her tacky boyfriend Vayu. I technically hated this fact but I couldn't do anything with the fact.

During this very moment I saw Abhi walking inside the class with his head down. To my best guess he was just humming a song and wasn't even aware.

This was another reason why I was so fond of him Abhi. I had this awful good connection with him where our conversation didn't compromise of silence or things that one of us didn't like. Music was definitely something both of us were very fond of but in very different ways. That also I have come to acknowledge due to our countless conversation on music.

I noticed he was approaching us and was only a few distance away when he brought his gaze up. And then he walked back at the sight of Misha and Sam, just passing me a faint smile.

"Hey, Zara...!" They cried in unison.

"huh.... "

"Well, girls. I am pretty serious this time. But some facts are to be taken understood one being that even if I do move over Arsh, doesn't mean I don't love him anymore or he isn't my friend anymore. He is pretty much those things to me."