CHAP 7. Her Eyes

Dedicated to aliamalhotra1516

ABHINAV'S POV

Class X, 8 May 2015

I don't have a clue why I lied to Zara. I had injured myself way more than I just told her and if I had to believe what my doctor informed mom and me, I might never run like an proper athlete again. I remember how serious my complications seemed when the doctor was explaining them to me.

I figured that the reason behind lying to Zara was maybe because by telling her this I wasn't making her believe that I was alright. I was making myself believe that.

I mean I was literally feeling heartbroken for giving up a part of me. I not necessarily would have taken athletics as my career but for the moment it provided me with that zeal, the kick, the happiness. It completed me. But I have to give it up at least for a while if I want to survive my injuries. I had to smirk through this.

When my thread of thoughts broke, I noticed the warm air around us two. I figured it had something to do with our laugh- out. I noticed her cheeks and top of her nose was red now. Yes! It was due to our laugh- out.

But the bench down,down beneath our bodies was dead cold. She still remained silent and looked at me. There barely ever was tension between us. Instead a feeling that was way out of this world. And right now this was it. I didn't feel like ruining our silence with words. So I remained silent gazing at her.

My attention was still attached to this girl beside me. Her eyes, they're so beautiful. Anyone could fall for them.

Anyone!

And here I was, having them stare back at me with extreme sincerity and honesty. Those slightly brown orbs. Just like that it made me believe that eventually I am going to OKAY.

I suddenly felt a chill down my spine.

With that all the memories from our past rushed back into my head like a current through live wire. All those moments that I had spent with this girl in front of me, all the talks, basically all of them.

At last, I reached the day I had proposed Shivantika, due to a silly childish game. I realised this was the very same emotions Zar and her eyes dawned that day. The only difference that I figured was she wasn't questioning me now. On that day, it almost felt like they're questioning my doing. Like she would stop me, but she didn't.

I wanted to know what were they asking the very moment I had held my head down low. What were those emotions and why were they?

After that day my feelings for Shivantika with time lessened and lessened. To now where I hardly feel anything for her. I realised I was only a teen, I mean am still now. But Shivantika never took my breath away like the eye's of this girl sitting beside me were doing right now.

I was acquainted with Zara from very long. But it was only last year when we started to get along and talking like proper friends. We'd been good friends over this last year. Then I searched for the memory where I had first had a literal conversation with her.

___

C

lass IX, 20 September 2014

I was running down the track and then I noticed this girl, Zara who was selflessly cheering from the by lanes. She was jumping on her position as I ran past the two boys in front of me.

Why was she cheering for me? I don't even belong to her team. Her eyes were still glued to me like I belonged to her.

I realised that only last lap was left to the race and I had to increase my pace or someone else would be covering the gap. I moved my gaze in front of me. I could feel a tremendous adrenaline rush inside me. It was mayhem with such crowd going berserk around. I picked.

Every muscle in my body tightened. I tried to bring ignore my loss of breath and paced.

Finish line.... There it is. I felt like thunder for an instance. In that instance I had my head shouting, "Runnnnnnnnn, Abhi!"

And I finally crossed it and landed on the ground on my back.

The crowd broke into a loud roar!

"2k14 800m Run, 1 postion- Abhinav Chauhan!"

That's all I heard and my teammates came bolting towards me

That's all I heard and my teammates came bolting towards me. The euphoria was enough to turn me deaf. Only few seconds later I found myself being carried on shoulders of different people.

Zara! I sliced my eyes to find the spot where I'd seen her only to find disappointment. She wasn't there.

As now I was back on my feet to witness The last and final race of the day, that had started. There were six girls from six different houses running.

"Zaraaaaa! Zarazzz"

"Zaraaaaa! Zarazzz"

I heard the crowd shouting.

Only to find Zara, yes it was Zara on the lead. Her eyes drop dead focussed.

***

So guys, how did you find this update? Don't shy away peeps...Comment your opinions about the story. I'll try to reply all.

I think the book is finally picking up so... HAPPY READING. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

LOVE ♥