CHAP 5. Her Happiness Meant The World

ABHINAV'S POV

Class X, 17 April 2015, Noon

She had taken me on a shopping spree. I don't know if on my birthday the surprise was for me or her. But this this time out together had totally brought the old side of her that I missed. The smile that I could see only a few times these days. She was like a free bird today.

Looking at her certainly took me totally to a different world. I don't know if there were people who were capable enough to love me enough like she did.

And it's funny how she was only five three against my six or six one, am not sure but still she had this aura that wasn't even slightly affected by my demeanour. I loved it.

My mother was totally a joy to watch today. Earlier this morning she had promised we'd somewhere to go but I hadn't had an idea she would surprise me (actually, us) like this. I had skipped school only for this.

We had hit various counters, shops, in the given two hours we were out of the house. I didn't exactly knew, what was it that we were looking for but sure it was fun to tag along my mother and spend some mother-son quality time. Had there been any other boy of my age, he would have preferred a different way to amuse himself on his seventeenth birthday yet I was here. Why? Not because I felt coerced! But because she simply meant the world to me. So did her happiness.

And today I saw a lot of that. That did enough to sooth me and my heart.

I looked down at the watch I wore around my wrist. It was brown, leathered old in parts and sometimes made noises, creaked. I still held it dear as it was something that our family's men passed down to their sons. My father had done it successfully. I was lucky enough to have this memory of his and also the one when he had given it too me.

A gentle sob pulled me out of my haze and I looked towards my mother. Her gaze was so intense as little drops of tears ran down her cheeks. I instantly understood the pain but I hardly felt it like her. She immediately looked away.

Looking at my watch again "Oh, girl don't cry because you starved us only to do this much shopping. " I said picking up my hands showing her the amount of quantities she had shopped.

Only to bring her to small jolts of laughter.

"That's my mom! " I exclaimed "now let's get some food or I will really cry for you starving me out."

She smiled. And I took her to a awesome food place nearby.

This restaurant cum ice cream parlour was on second floor of the building. We had fun up there too. But now she was a little lost. While coming down I looked at my mother who was following after and I could still see the little haziness in her eyes. I could tell that she was upset.

At this sight, I didn't had inkling of what I was thinking. Or why I was so lost too. But all off a sudden I felt tight clasp round my right leg. In shutter seconds I realised my shoe laces had got stuck on the escalator running down.

The sudden pull at my leg made me loose my balance and I just remembered coming down the stairs rolling and hurting my self. Only to land at the bottom and find myself loosing conscious. Following was a Black out.

***

Did you love this chapter guys? If it's yes, why not hit a vote guys.

I was thinking about switching this cover from a different one. Comment if you got suggestions. Should I have one with SID ALIA on it?

I wanted this chapter to be a small one but I couldn't control. And I totally wanted to justify abhinav's affection for his mother.

Are you scared for Abhinav? Do tell me what you think will happen next!

I have also added cast to this chapter, remember they're only my preferences you can very well prefer other actors under your imagination.

Also, KEEP READING! 🙈