CHAP 4. Said To The Wrong Person

ZARA'S POV

Class IX, 29 September 2014

I looked at him in pure awe. I know the people, the crowd was so interested in this not because they were getting him. I bet not even one could tell why he held his head low. They all were excited by his word play. He was pulling everybody in with his charm.

But somehow I could feel it. The swearing going inside his head. The way he felt cheesy saying those lines. It almost occurred to me that he was freezing. I could feel a sense of paralysation in him.

Even then. Even then every word he said felt so meaningful. So right. So apt. I don't know how to explain it but it got me chills.

And I don't know why my body was reciprocating them (his words) without my having an inkling of my actions.

My eyes were still firm on him. Almost like I didn't had intentions to leave his face which was covered with his dark black hair. He was still in that position, head held low. And that startled me the most. I wanted to read his face but this position was saying much more about him.

He was presenting submission out of love. How many people do that? How do you make yourself do something so vulnerable?

I could hear my heart racing. It was just as startled by this sight as I was. I had just shifted to a place where I was alone with him, reading him.

And then reality seeped inside me just like rainwater gently seeps into the pores to the ground, slowly. All those faces weren't expecting this. The crowd was more confused of his actions than I was. They couldn't read him. He was pulling out a show.

The voices which were completely inaudible to me few minutes before rang in my ears now. With all of that Abhinav's words were playing along on loop. His words had such a deeper meaning that they almost felt being said to the wrong person.

"Say something Shivi!" were the words I caught out of all the blabber from the crowd.

They were enough to bring me back to where everyone was, reality. I instantly focussed my gaze on Shivantika. My best friend since I don't know, forever maybe. Her name was too long so people called her Shivi often.

As my eyes met her face. I could see this weird face pulled up. She was as charmed as everyone was but unlike others she had the this expression. The one you've when you want to utter something badly but it sticks somewhere in the way. Also she grew red on the corners of her ears.

Then she wavered her hands lightly making her brown curls bounce a little. Boom! Her gloominess was gone and there she was, like her old smiling self. Beautiful, to say. She was just like I said beautiful. I sometimes envied her beauty and then how she maintained to remain so unaffected by it or the attention she obtained from others.

"Ugh, uh", she coughed, breaking the silence that had built in the room again a few seconds earlier.

"eh, Thanks." She said while taking away or should I say accepting the fevicol out of Abhinav's grip.

***

So peeps did you like the update. I know maybe you hate me right now for this.

Did you all get it? Abhinav wasn't proposing Zara but her best friend, Shivi. It breaks my heart.

How do you feel, write it down in the comments section.

And also were you thorough enough to recognize the this was a time play i.e. flashback.

People if you're liking the story till now please,please, please VOTE!

UPDATE SOON ♥