CHAP 19. Something and Nothing

ABHINAV'S POV

Class X, 18 January 2016

"Want some?"

I asked Zara offering her the oatmeal bar I was munching on. She has been staring me for almost like twenty continuous minutes.

Krrish was busy. Doing all the presentation work about their model while Zara had made the model herself, solo. (I know only because she told me.)

But I would've known it all of her even if she didn't disclose that little detail. Because obviously the model had her traces all over it.

It was spectacular to eyes. Hence, the cause for pulling such a crowd that has kept Krrish busy for the whole day.

Zara was always artistic and creative person so it wasn't a surprise.

She and Krrish paired up every year for Exhibitions. It was something they didn't even talk about. It was understood by them and all the other people who wanted to approach them. So, it also wasn't a surprise.

The surprise was the frown Zara adorned an hour ago while she noticed me and Afreen. And the bigger surprise is that she clearly isn't at all talking about it.

And the cherry on the top of this surprise is the way she has been staring me.

Honestly what is up with you, Zar? You are scaring me. What are you really thinking?

"Nope." She answered while rubbing the peak of her nose keeping her eyes firm on me.

I tried to brush past any awkwardness and carried on.

I went back to munching the bar. But she still hadn't left the staring act.

I could see she wasn't really staring staring. But she was kind of lost thinking about something while staring.

I didn't want to press on the earlier situation. So I decided against to address that matter instead I asked another question.

"Like what you see?" A small smirk formed on my face on it's own.

She immediately reddened and looked down.

I knew it. Oh Zara, you're so shy and so cute.

"I want to talk to you."

She held a blank look as she raised her head up to my standing uptight body again. She was seated. Hands on her lap. But her body suddenly out of nowhere got tense.

"What about?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Something..."

"Something?"

"That's very specific." I mocked.

What was it that she was going to talk about? As for I know I did nothing this time. I was totally and utterly innocent. Did someone else did anything to hurt her?

Damnit, Abhinav she asked you for one one thing. To be there for her as her friend and what are you doing avoiding her. The last time that you did it remember how that ended. You had to keep the love of a lover away from her not the concern of a best friend. Idiot, Abhi keep your act together.

"Something that's been bothering me for..." She was stopped mid sentence due to the punch Afreen landed on her back. Playfully, I must add. But that must have hurt her.

"Hey, What are you two talking about? She chirped.

"Zara was telling me..." I was about to inform Afreen when Zara barged in the conversation.

"Nothing!" I looked her way.

"Uhh" Confused and dazed only that response came out of my mouth. Was I supposed to not tell Afreen about it? I thought she could help. I was only getting a pair of one more hands to help.

"I was telling you nothing." Zara never sounded so stern.

And just like that Zara went mum and out.

***

Zara: Vote to get some brains for this idiot called Abhi.

* And crap I did DOUBLE UPDATE!!!