CHAP 14. Befallen

ZARA'S POV

Class X, 13 July 2015

I was so happy that I finally was able to put an end to Abhi's hiding heist today. He was driving me mad lately. He thinks I didn't notice his behavioural change but they were right in front of my eyes. Even if I tried to give in to my willful ignorance I wouldn't have been successful at it. He was acting distant. But as I promised I would give him time, I resented thinking about it more.

But what got me thinking more is the dynamic change in our relation. I was never sure that I could let someone in after Arsh so easily but Abhi was seeping in. And I didn't even know what caused it to happen.

That was already done with and this was recess time now. Today I made my mind to meet up with Shivi. Lately I haven't have had the time to spend time with her. And in reality I missed her. Though I had Misha, Sam and bunch of others but childhood friendships they're the best ones to have.

"Hey, Shivi!" She was easy to detect as she was always hurled up with crowd of people.

And today was same. But I utterly hated the type of person she hanged around lately. Her boyfriend Vayu was a total creep and I could sense him standing right next to her while that group turned their heads in my direction.

Their eyes made me feel uneasy but I tried my best to avoid to find whom they belonged to. I paced towards them with my eyes glued downwards. Once I reached I tried to sound more confident than meek.

"Can you people spare Shivi for today?"

I felt yet another couple of eyes on me excluding Shivi's. They felt like stab through my heart. I hated inevitable attention.

"I need you" I said in a "duh" tone looking directly at her.

She agreed after a fight with herself. It was all in her brain but I could sense. I thought she prioritised me way over her silly boyfriend and his even sillier friends. But seeing her have to fight to reach a conclusion made me a little furious.

"Okay" She moved out of the group.

"Great"

"Bye, baby"

What have they done to my best friend? Did she just called his boyfriend baby. Ehew. That was so gross and odd. Shivi was never like this. But according to my judgement she wouldn't have dated such a jerk in first place. Yet she was doing him. No puns intented.

"So... " I started nervously walking out in the corridor.

"So? "

"How's life you barely show, I mean... " I left it hanging.

"Never been good."

"Uhh" I felt dissapointed that she didn't even bother to ask me back, about how I was or how my life was going. I also felt a little betrayed that she felt good without me.

There was a awkward silence that followed after that. I thought of asking her about Abhi and my doubts that I was surrounded with but then I easily avoided it.

"So, you want to talk about Piyush. Now that Arsh is finally out of the picture." She said with a straight face.

"Are you serious!" I felt pangs of anger all throughout my body. "What you want huh, to jump on the very next guy who comes my way in the name of moving on... "

"What's wrong? He is a decent guy."

"No, you kno...w what I...I don't want to talk to you anymore." I stammered while my reply. I simply left her where we stopped and didn't even try to look back at her.