CHAP 12. I Need You

ZARA'S POV

Class X, 13 July 2015

I don't know what has gotten over Abhi. That day he barged on me with weird notions suddenly and he has been avoiding me for almost a week now.

I did notice him at times staring at me but as soon as I tried to reach out he would just hide or avoid me in best possible way.

I mean this felt strange. All I wanted to do was talk it out with him. I felt so bad afterwards I left the room that day in my anger. I mean I was totally unprepared for what Abhi said in there. It's like I didn't have idea of what he was talking about.

Today I had made my mind to have my much needed talk with him. I needed to know where all this was coming from. He is one of my closest friends and I can't just sit and play this game. Avoiding and all. I need to know what was his part of the story that I was missing.

I walked down the corridor to see if he was around but I knew my search will go into vain. The school has just started and there is fair amount of babble around. I never really understood why school mornings had this commotion. It's like you were here with the very same people yesterday. What is so important to tell or to listen in few hours of time? But maybe I felt this way because I was constantly attending every class for last three years.

I picked one of Abhi's friend from the crowd.

"Hey, Shiv...Do you know where Abhinav is?"

Abhinav, that felt so strange coming out from my mouth. I almost hated how it sounded when it came out. I never had ever used Abhi's full name but I realised how well it suited him as I ran over it once again in my mind.

Abhinav...

The boy pointed out somewhere distant in the corridor and there he was, Abhi. Walking away with his head up. With some of his friends walking along him. Shit! I have to get him.

This was the best possible chance to get him or else he would be aware of me and start hiding out again.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I started to run.

As soon as I started chasing and felt like I will be able to catch him, I found a grip around my wrist. I felt a sudden jolt as it happened when I was practically running.

"What the heck!" I shouted and turned around to find out who was the person to ruin my perfect errands. "Krri..."

Krrish cut me off the very moment.

"Yeah, it's me. Duh. Why are you sprinting down the corridor?"

"Uhh..." Had it been someone else I would have kicked him and continue the chase but it was Krrish. There was no running from him.

"Actually, I was heading to library!" I lied. Damn it! Why did I lie? And if I lied why was I doing it in manner that gives an open invitation to get me caught? "Hmm, yeah library" I tried to act more confident.

"So you do know about the test!" Krrish said with an raised eyebrow.

Test. What test. I don't know about any test.

"Nope, I don't think so...? "

"Please, Zara tell me you studied for the Bio class test that was supposed to be held a week ago but was postponed to today."

"No. Oh shit"

I totally forgot about it. But then I forget about most of the things so easily. Yeah, so good! I forgot about how literally minutes ago I was chasing someone.

"Erhh, And what about this Piyush...."

"Sorry, Krrish. I need to head" I cut him in the middle because there were more important things to do than that. This was my best chance to have a talk with Abhi.

It's not like I wasn't hurt from what he did. But Abhi wouldn't do it purposely. Yet I also was well aware of the fact that he had the tendency to hurt me the most.

I know I acknowledged my friendship with Krrish too much but it was in most friendly and amicable way. With Tanay, I don't even give him a thought. If it wouldn't have been for Arsh, we both still would have been strangers to each other.

But Abhi, Abhi was different. I was different with him around in a good way. I never talked about our connection because I never understood it. I mean I knew it existed as it was too undeniable to resist. I also very well was aware that Abhi sometimes questioned that I realised that this connection existed. But the fact is I do.

I was at fork of the corridor as I looked around for Abhi and partly to catch my breath. I saw the friends who were accompanying him earlier weren't there with anymore. Even the corridor was kind of empty than other corridors.

"Abhi"

One syllable and I ran back to all of our moments. I never wanted to accept it to others that I think we could have been something romantically. I do think that if Abhi wouldn't have been in love with Shivi and I wasn't so deeply obsessed with Arsh things would have been different. But everytime I let him seep in my heart the flashbacks would rush in my mind like catastrophe. The day he proposed Shivi, the intensity his body showed. The submission he granted her.

I could only wish, it was me. There was no denying the fact. I wanted all those things for me. But I never acknowledged if I wanted only Abhi to do those things to me.

I would just throw away the mere thought of it as soon as I realised Shivi was my best friend and he loved her. Ah, maybe still loves her.

I reached in enough to where he stopped and took his hand.

"Abhi!"

He tried to walk away again. "Let go, Zara. You need more time. I don't want to jump... "

"No, You need time, but I need you" I cut him short.

***

So guys do you like the surprise update.

I am so happy to finally write some Zarav action. Let me tell you I LOVE them.

What you think 🤔 will happen next...? Uh-huh, am excited...Are you?

Also, Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE & ADD. I do need your support guys. I really do. PLEASE!

LOVE ♥
AND KEEP READING MY FOLKS!