CHAP 6. No Running

Dedicated to nkita987

ZARA'S POV

Class X, 8 May 2015

"Don't you think you're little too occupied of him", Sam said very comically.

Sam was someone who I met last year. She was from Punjab and her father was an army general. She often moved about different cities due to this reason. And the very same reason had bought her here, to Ranchi. When I had hardly known her she felt a racist for almost criticising us in her every sentence. But as I spent more and more time with her I realised she had more to her as a person. She is a wild child I admit but her personality endeared me for some unknown reason and thus we were kind of close. But she still does the criticism bit and that does irritates me at times.

"No" I said in utter distaste without even trying to look at her.

"Oh, I can see it, love. I mean he isn't tha...t special, still & how ?" She cringed emphasising "that" in prolonged manner.

She had a solid point. She had said the truth. I don't know I thought to myself. I had this crush over my classmate cum friend. I wouldn't even classify that as crush. There was so much more to it.

He affected me immensely. I mean he affected many girls but I felt an entire different connection with him. Maybe that was because of the fact that we've been and are very good friends.

But still... How could I love someone so foolishly, he overshadowed my every emotion? My every move around him was a calculated process.

"Uh" she said while waving her hands comically. "Fine?"

"Your hero is here." she pointed shamelessly at Arsh walking towards us through the corridor of school.

"Ehhhh, why you pointing?" I struggled around this mammoth of a girl to put her hands down. Well, she had perks of being an army kid.

I felt a shudder around my cheeks. He was approaching us.

He finally reached us.

There he was. Standing in front of me a perfect specimen of cuteness. Yes, cuteness! I mean not to insult him, he had a pretty perfect body but that never did anything special for me. It was his this attribute- cuteness that could melt my heart any given moment.

"Hey" he said while asking for a fist bump. And I did.

"I'm gonna leave you to love birds alone. " Sam mouthed again in one of her comical ways and went away.

I could never get used to her ways. But her particular statement sent me to a frenzy. "Love birds" she called us love birds! I felt a little ashamed of such a friend who could never put gates to her words. But still I was fond of her and nothing could change that.

"It's okay. You don't have to go all awkward" Arsh brushed his shoulder on mine saying that.

I think one of the reason for loving him so wildly was also because he was such a mature human. I had this crush on him don't know, maybe from class five. And it grew and grew over the years.

But over the years what also grew were the rumours. I came across various people talking rubbish about us so it was very important for me clear all the mess. I just couldn't handle different people serving different stories on the plater. It was tiring. It must've been for him too.

Thus, to avoid hurting him recently I had opened up to him about how I felt. And for how long I felt it. I mean five years... five years weren't less. He had very sweetly listened to me the whole while. But sadly he never felt the same way. In the end of it, he made a very sweet remark confessing the same.