CHAP 22. Almost Two Arguments and Z

ZARA'S POV

Class XI, 3 June 2016

Two weeks, exactly two weeks have passed since our little hangout at Meet's place. And dare I say it was anything but horrible.

I was against hanging out with third person with us from start. I knew the plan was going to blow on our faces.

Meet is a sweet guy. A very sweet guy to be honest. I couldn't just find the heart to refuse the first time.

I cherish what I have with him, it is very rare to find someone like him nowadays. And after having all my contacts loosen with my friends, he is the best thing that happened to me this spring.

The story of him being here is actually hilarious. He had visited our neighborhood just as a kid out for his pre school break. I happened to bump into one day. We were glued to the butt, inseparable the whole break. It soon ended with him falling in love with this place and people.

Next I know he packed his bags. I don't know how he managed for his parents into giving their consent for him to be here in Ranchi for two years to complete his boards.

I was more than happy when he announced the news to me. I still remember my high pitched sequels on the phone while he was in the other half of the country.

I was feeling ecstatic that I could hangout with him more. And that is what we did until last two weeks, a certain someone creeped the hell out of me.

I hope to think I did a pretty job at not letting him get under my skin. His odd glances once in a while when Meet and I were enjoying were disturbing. I internally cursed him the whole while I stayed at Meet's house.

And I don't want a repeat of that evening again.

"It wasn't that bad." I just shot him a glare which meant 'are you kidding me?'

"Okay, I admit he is a bit off. There was this tension. Give him a chance he'll come around." Meet rubbed small circles on the skin of my palm hoping to soothe me.

"A bit off." He resigned after a sigh. "He was balling his eyes out staring."

"There were two of them."

I give him a death stare. Did he really accuse of behaving the immature?

Meet has been coercing me into getting to do one of his ideal hangout once again for a week now.

And did I mention, I said 'no' to him like thousand time in the past seven days.

"Come on Z, it can be fun." He pulled one of his puppy dog expressions. I knew given any other wish of his, it might have worked. But accepting this wasn't happening.

"Just once, we three."

"You and me. Only" I pulled my hands in front of my chest crossing them.

"We three!"

"I am hanging out with you anymore." I just raised my hands in surrender and started walking away from him.

Meet was much bigger in built than normal guys our age. He was almost 6'3 , so his steps easily caught up to mine.

"Okay, that is never happening. Listen to me." He sounded irritated because even though he had caught up to me. And I was caged in his huge arms right now I still knew how to throw my limbs around.

"Will you please listen to me?" I didn't. In fact, that encourages me to move more.

"Listen to me, Zara!" Anger seethed through his voice. He had used my full name. I stilled in his arms as I realised the extent of his annoyance.

Meet was one of those easy to go around and soft spoken guys. He was polite at all times. His body was a huge illusion only to scare people away. He inside though was a puddle of sweetness.

But in that moment my heart might just have stopped beating out of fear.

His eyes however softened when I raised my eyes to his face. " I will talk to him. And then you both can be buddies again." His grip around my waist and shoulders was still firm. I knew I was a rebel and wasn't going to give up so easily.

"I don't want you to talk." It was my cat like voice that came out. Sounding more muffled because I said it while I still clenched on his shirt.

"Come Again."

I watched him wide eyed. Sulking in the embarrassment I felt I never was capable of acting this way around Meet. Feeble and meek wasn't my type. To him I was as good as a boy his age watching football and talking girls.

He tried very hard to suppress his chuckle. But soon it was turned into a full blown laughter.

Suddenly his warmth around me was gone, his one hand went to his chest trying to calm himself. Only that he laughed more openly keeping both his hands on his knees.

"God, you are something's!"

I rolled my eyes at him before replying. "Yeah, a human unlike you." The sassy me was back.

"Touché" He brought his hand again around my shoulders. "And cute"

He resembled a Cheshire cat in that moment, his big bright smile obviously did.

He beamed down at me.

"Let's get you home."

It was in that moment it resurfaced in my mind that we were in the middle of the street right outside my home. The passerbys were staring us like we ran straight out of a mental asylum.

I won't blame them we had that effect on people around us.

"Who are you?" I make a puke face at him and threw his hands away.

This was our usual way we'd fight, quarrel, battle it out but in the end we come around.

"Come on love, let's get you home."

"Whatever."

A smug look formed on my his face and I let him be that way. I had least energy to fight two arguments with him in a single day.

"Hey! I was wondering what's the history between You and Abhi? You'll tell me right. I mean it doesn't have to be now, now. Someday. You will? Okay, I am getting curious. Can you tell me now? No. Z, talk to me."

I ignored his cute babble pretty much after that as we made way for my house.

The thing is even after being this close for a while I wasn't loose enough to let him in the door to secret named Abhinav. I hadn't told him what had gone down between us that we act the way we act. Truth is, there wasn't a need.

***

Zara: Vote for the new friends who seem like to be known for eternity.

a/n ↪ Okay, my lovely readers finally our book picked up the pace and am contented by the way it's going. We are so close to 2k, holy shit. I am like so happy.

Also, am finding readers are having troubles understanding the timeline of my book, so I decided to mention them before each chapter and timeline change. Now, you don't get confused about what happened when and all.

You can reread to make your confusions clear. Only if you want to, no pressure.

Thirdly, am going to enter this book to Wattys. Because I thought this book is going to over in the span of 2018 and that will make it harder for this book to enter next year after edit. So I thought why not, let's give this a shot. The chances are slim but hell with it.

So do support the book over at Wattys.

Also am open for Q/A about anything related to this book. Feel free to comment or DM me.

For now, Bye. Keeping Reading. Love.