Chapter 10

Jace caught himself smiling as he stood in front of the mirror, his mind wandered to last night in the Kitchen with Green. He liked the playful side of her, he liked to see her let her hair down.

Her hair.

No one would have guessed how long and silky it was with the bun she always had it in. The thought of running his hand through her hair, or falling over her like a curtain as she moved on top of him or wrapping his fist around it just made him groan.

Jace sighed as he reminded the moans of satisfaction that left her pink plump luscious lips. How he would love to have a taste and bite them till they grew fuller and turned a dark shade of red. Her clothes gave him a glimpse of what was underneath all of that physical armour she had on and she'd given him a little peek behind the walls she had up. Her figure was perfect and he wanted to wrap his arms around her and keep her so close she'd be unable to tell where she ended and he started.

Jack was the only person Jace was comfortable around after his father of course. But he was surprised to find how easy it was to relax and just be himself with her. Every second with her made him want to spend a second more with her and get to know more about her down to the tiniest detail. He wanted to know if she loved greasy food or healthy food. If she has a tattoo anywhere on that tempting body of hers. If there was a place she dreamed of going to. If she loves children. If...

Children? Where did that come from?

Jace shut his eyes to snap himself out of his reverie and then he was out the door before he could let his crazy mind wander any farther.

Jace walked down the stairs and headed into the kitchen to find Green in front of the floor to ceiling window staring out just as he'd found her the day before.

Jace smiled as he poured himself a cup of coffee.
Asides from the gym, that was one of her favourite spots in the house.

"Find anything interesting?" Jace sipped on his coffee.

Ariana slowly turned to look at her.
"Good morning, Mr. Black."

The blank look on her face made him frown.
Mr. Black? So, she was back to bodyguard mode.

He wasn't surprised but he was slightly disappointed. He knew she had walls, hell, everyone had walls to protect themselves. But some people knew how to let go easily once they found someone they could let it go for. He should have known last night was just a one-time thing and that she would slam the window shut. The window she'd opened last night for him to have a peek at what was going on behind those walls.

"Right," Jace didn't give his disappointment away, "Shall we go then?"

"After you." She waited for him to move ahead of her before she did.

In the car, on the way to the office, Jace's phone rang.

"I'm on my way Bridget," He answered,

"Good, because there's something you have to see."

Jace frowned at the worry he heard in her voice.

"Step on it, Marvis." Jace said as he ended the call.

Something tells me I'm not going to like this.
Jace thought.

They arrived at the office and Jace wasted no time getting out of the car through the lobby and into the elevator. Ariana had been looking at him in the rearview mirror when he'd answered the call and had noticed the change in his features. Then walking into the company building, it was more than just his features, it was his stance, the way his whole body moved.