fate

"Why is life like this?" I thought to myself, "why does it always fuck you over? What's left for me?" I shook my head through my thoughts. I held back the tears and exited the train once in the city.

Today was going to be significant. Today is the day. The day I end my life.

I have it all planned out, I was going to get a nice cup of coffee, walk to the bridge, and jump. It was the only way I wanted to end it, jumping off the only thing that stay constant in a world full of surprises.

It was my dads favorite thing in the world, the Golden Gate Bridge. When he died, I knew that was the place I would be reunited with him. I can't survive without him.

I entered an old Coffee shop, my dad's favorite. I held my head down as I entered, as it was down, a tall boy walked into me.

"I'm sorry," he rested a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see a handsome boy, around my age. His hair was a unique curly brown, his eyes were a bright blue, they made me feel something that had been missing for awhile. His touch sent electricity through my body, a feeling that I've never felt before. It was a new sensational feeling, I liked it.

He gave a small cute smirk as I stared up at him. He was about to say something when the barista had said next person. I walked by him and ordered my father's favorite drink.

"Okay, order will be ready soon. Please go pay at the cashier," she smiled and handed me my coffee. "Thank you," I smiled.

I reached in my pocket, there was nothing. I reached in the other, shit! I forgot to grab money.

I was going to die anyways, stealing won't be on my conscience. I looked around before slowly walking out.

I was walking backwards when I ran into someone.

"I believe you didn't pay for that," an older man said.

"Umm..." I froze, I had no way of getting out of this.

"It's okay," a young voice spoke behind me. "I'm paying for it," it was the young boy I ran into. He gave me a smile, but I still had a stunned facial expression.

"My apologizes," the man smiled and held the door for me.

I gave the boy a smile, something I haven't done in awhile. "What a nice boy," I thought to myself.

I continued on my walk to the bridge, it was very long. On my walk, I thought about my dad, his stories, our stories, and his dreams.

By the time I got to the bridge, I was in tears. I couldn't bear life anymore, there was so much pain inside me, too much pain.

I took off my jacket and leaned over the edge. The water was very blue today. The waves were humongous and crashing hard. I knew I would definitely drown, and that was my plan.

"I'll see you soon dad," I looked up to the sky, before hopping onto the railing. I stood up tall, the wind hit my body making me almost fall. I inhaled deeply as I closed my eyes. I lifted my arms up high, before counting down from 3.

3...2...1, I let go of everything that held up my body.

Unfortunately, today wasn't the day. I was not going to be able to end it.

Once I let go, two warm arms grabbed my body. I fell onto the warm person, as they fell back onto the hard concrete.

I shook in fear and looked back to see the boy from earlier.

He was out of breath, and had no words to say. I looked around to see everyone staring. No one seemed to know what to do.

I tried to get up, but the boy freaked out and held tighter onto me.

"Please don't jump!" He whispered, "please".

He let go of me and jumped to his feet. Once he got onto his feet, he immediately helped me up.

"You don't know me, why do you care?" I shook my head at him.

"You're right, I don't know you, but I need to". He noticed that I was shivering, "you're cold". Immediately he took of his jacket and placed it on my shoulders.

"Thank you, but my life is none of your concern," I took of his jacket and handed it back to him.

I began to walk away, but he held onto my wrist. "No, it is. Cause ever since you ran into me, I can't forget you. I can't let go of the feeling you gave me". He paused, "do you believe in fate?" I didn't answer with my head held down. "I think I was meant to go to that coffee shop, I was meant to save you".

I looked up at him as a tear rolled down my cheek. He noticed and wiped it with his thumb.

"You want to go somewhere and talk?" He asked with a kind smile.

I hesitantly nodded making him smile. We began to walk and he placed his jacket back on my shoulders.

"I'm Brady by the way," he smiled.

"Y/N," I smiled from his contagious smile.

"You have a beautiful smile Y/N".