Summer of lies

Hey guys so this the first chapter of my new BRADY TUTTON book!
Check it out and tell me what you think!
____________________________

"I want to stay," he plead as he grasped my hands. "With you".

"You can't, I won't let you throw everything away," I was able to get out of his grip. "Not just over some girl!"

"You're not just some girl," he pulled me by the waist. His movements brought my eyes to his. He leaned in slowly as I did the same.

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!" the back up beeper of the new neighbor's moving truck went off.

"Ugh!" I yelled as I pulled my pillow over my head, covering my ears. I just wanted to finish my dream, it was just getting good.

The laughter of the new neighbor's filled the neighborhood. I could hear three guys, they all had cute laughs, but they were interfering with my sleep. Once I realized I was not going to fall asleep, I sat up and unlocked my phone.

I squinted as I read a bunch of text from my best friend, Zoey.

Zoey

You up yet?

Hello?

Alexa!

WAKE UP!

Ben and I are hungry!

Don't make us go with out you!

Come on its almost noon!

I glanced at the time that read 11:20, I immediately felt bad since I told them I would get breakfast with them at 10:30.

Me
I just got up

I'm so sorry

Zoey

It's fine😊

Ben and I are going to meet you there.
We'll get a table!

Okay?

Me

Yeah

See you soon

Sorry❤️

I rushed to the bathroom to get ready and did so within ten minutes. I put on some shorts, a tight tank top with a thin flannel. Then rushed downstairs to get my keys and shoes.

"Bye guys," I shouted as I walked out the door, although I was unsure if my parents were home.

"Hahaha," I heard my dads iconic laugh as I was walking to my car. "Alexa!" He called me, although I was in a rush, I turned around to see my parents talking to our new neighbors.

I walked over to them and smiled. "This is our daughter, Alexa. Alexa this is, Sean and Colleen..."

"Tutton!" I finished in my head, praying to god I didn't say that aloud. I was relieved to see no surprised expression that would have been if I had spoken aloud.