7 ~ Waiting

Dean's POV

I felt like I was dying, and what made it worse was that I couldn't do anything to stop it, or anything to help Zara. After finding your mate it unlocks a whole new part of yourself, they make you feel amazing when they're around but when they're gone it's excruciating, like a dagger through the heart.

However in my case the feeling is all too real, and it's starting to get dangerous. I can still picture the night so vividly.

~2 Weeks Earlier

I was about to go and apologies repeatedly until she accepted, but I lost her in the crowd. Then I saw her heading out of the door so I raced towards her. When I got out there I heard feet shuffling almost as if someone was struggling. I could tell Crowley was trying to tell me something but I didn't listen I was too focused on finding Zara. As I neared an alleyway I saw something that made me sick to my core. Zara has a cloth over her mouth and was being injected with something probably wolfsbane from how drowsy and panicked Zara looked. Immediately I growled and was ready to shift but I was jabbed in the neck by someone behind me. "Good catch Markus. She's very special so be careful with her." Said the person behind me.

"What about him?" Said the other.

"Leave him we've got something even better, can't you tell from the markings on her neck?" Markings? I've never seen them. Then again I never really paid her much attention.

By this point I was on the floor slipping into darkness when I was suddenly shook by someone. "Dean! Dean can you hear me! Just hang on buddy we will get you to the pack doctor! Say with us!" It was Josh. I knew at this point I had to fight the darkness, so I did and my only motivation was finding Zara.

"Wait, what about the two men. Th-they took Zara." I mumbled, desperately trying to fight the drowsiness.

"There's no one here! Now stay calm and whatever it is can wait, you aren't going to be any help to whoever she is if you are dead!" I thought about what he said it made sense so that's exactly what I did.

~Present Time

I had stayed in hospital for a week after that, the doctor said it was a close call and that I was lucky, but in my head I was the opposite, I had lost Zara.

I felt her slip between the grasps of death through our link, I could feel some of the pain she was feeling and I knew deep down that it was 10x worse than what I felt.

However, she was alive and I wasn't going to give up hope, not just yet anyway. I have arranged a search mission and the only reason I have been able to get everyone motivated was the news that Zara was my mate. See in packs they will do anything to protect the alpha and Luna provided they are treated respectively, and even though we haven't been crowned yet we're still the future ones.

I refuse to give up, and I never will. Not until I find her!

~2 Years Later

Minutes turned to hours, to days to months and to years. Everyday I lost more of my sanity but I never stopped looking. I know she's still out there somewhere and as long as I know that I won't stop.

I know she's in a lot of pain, all I want to do is to stop it. Many people have doubts that Zara even exists but I just ignore them one day I will have her back. "Dean!"

"What is it Sam?" I huffed.

"Wess and Cameron made a huge mess in the kitchen!" I growled at him.

"That's what you wanted to tell me! You're about to turn 16 and when you do and you find your mate you will understand the pain I'm going through until then I suggest you leave! Understood!?!"
I used my alpha tone. He stood back and nodded then walked away. Ever since I lost Zara I've been on edge,  like a ticking time bomb. Crowley barley talks to me anymore, and the only time he does is when we shift but that happens quite rarely now.

Sir we have found and captured a rogue trying to enter our land what would you like us to do? This was one of the guards talking through the pack link.

I cursed under my breath, since I haven't taken the alpha role yet due to the circumstances, my father still wants me to complete half of the alpha duties as preparation.

Bring them to the dungeons I will make my way down there now. I made my way to the dungeons, pissed that I had to be interrupted from my plans to find Zara.

As I walked down there a smell hit me, one I hadn't smelt in ages the mesmerising concoction of strawberry's and chocolate. It couldn't be... could it? I raced down the stairs and clear as day there she was, her hair was covered in mud there were scars everywhere and she was mainly skin and bones but what terrified me the most was her eyes. They looked dead however, somehow still managed to hold on to one emotion, as if clinging to it for dear life... fear. What happened to her?!?

________________________

Oh no! What did they do to her??😱 make sure to read next chapter to find out also vote for this chapter if you liked it! Sorry for the late update I got caught up watching the new season to Stranger Things🎉 Anyway see you next chapter👋
~Mia❤️
Friday 27th October 2017