43 ~ We Gave It our All

~ Unknown POV

We were surrounded. Rogues were everywhere the eye could see, and my pack soldiers and I were in the middle of it all.

"Sir what do we do?"

"Hold your ground we can't have them getting to the other packs and especially not our families. We're part of something bigger than ourselves, and if we have to give our lives to protect everyone we know, then so be it. Anyone who wants to stay behind can find their own way out, and to the rest thank you for being such great troops, see you on the other side."

And that was it, we all reared up and prepared to take anything that came our way... but it never did.

Each rogue that stood in front of us simply stopped, lowered their heads and turned around, as if we weren't good enough to fight.

"Hey where are you going?! Do you think you can come onto our grounds and not be punished?! What do you want?!" One rogue turned around, he sneered and started laughing. He had scar running along his face that made him repulsive to look at. Rogues, they're all the same, disgusting, vile, creatures that will stop at nothing to tear everything down.

"Oh alpha, it's over we got what we came here for." He said in a sarcastic, sadistic tone.

"And what was that?" One of my men piped up.

"Well your families of course." The soldiers all tended up.

"You're lying. Percy go to the safe house now, make sure you aren't followed." The other rogue had turned around and ran back obviously knowing we could tare him apart with our bare hands. "John and Francis I want you to discreetly follow them. As for the rest of you keep your eyes open, we don't know if this is a trick."

It seemed like hours until Percy came back, but finally he was here. "Alpha... they... they're all...-"

"Spit it out boy!" My patients was wearing thin.

"They're dead..." everyone was silent, no one said a word, the only thing that could be heard was the wind moving through the trees. There was no time to grieve. At least not yet.

"Okay I need everyone on board here. Percy, you Aubrey, Eric and Vincent will lead Squad 1 going North West, follow any scent you can find. Sidney, you Harold, Raymond and Hugh will lead Squad 2 going North East doing the same thing. Squad 3 and 4 will go with me heading North, I need Wesley, Rebecca and Horace up front with me. I know this is a difficult time but this may be our only chance for revenge so we need to do this. Okay, everyone go!"

Everyone gave it their all, and it got to the point where we picked up a scent, but by the time we sensed it we got ambushed. The whole thing was a set up, only me and 20 of my best men made it out of the 200. It was a blood bath. Never in my 3 decades of being an Alpha had I seen something so horrific, and that's when it clicked. There's no way a rogue could have devised this plan, meaning that it wasn't just them involved...

"We need to warn the other packs! Starting with Norvill!"

~ Meanwhile
Zara's POV

My body jolted awake. I was on the sofa with Dean, Zack, Kaelynn and Jane all staring down at me. Well Kaelynn and Jane were more scowling at Zack and Dean but you get the point.

"Urg what the hell happened? I feel like I got hit by a pound of bricks." Dean and Zack looked down guiltily.

"Sorry that was our fault."

"What did you do this time." I sighed.

"Just a stupid fight, but we're fine now, right Dean?" There was no response. "Right Dean..." Zack elbowed Dean to get his attention.

"What, Oh... um, yes everything is fine now." That's such a lie, but I guess boys will be boys.

Zack paused and his eyes glazed over, someone had mind linked him.

"It's the border. I'm sorry I have to go someone is asking for me."

"Can I come?" I pleaded.

"No Zara you have to rest." I gave out a huff of annoyance.

"I know why don't you and Dean go to the border and we can have some girl time. There's something that we have to tell Zara." The boys looked at each other and reluctantly shrugged their shoulders.

"Okay well that's that then bye!"

"Wait-" they didn't even get to finish their sentences before Kaelynn and Jane shoved them out the door.

"Okay So now that they have gone me and Kaelynn want to tell you something." Jane said not being able to contain her excitement.

"So you said, so spill the beans already!"

"Well, we... we um both found out mates."

"That's amazing! Who are they?" They looked at each other smiling but there was something else. And then I clicked.

"OH MY GODDESS! Really! That's amazing my two best friends!"

"Who would've guessed it right!" Kaelynn said.

"Wait so when did you two meet?"

"Well, it was kinda at your funeral."

"So what your saying is that me dying actually helped you two." They both smiled and giggled together, and then I really saw it, they were exactly like each other, they were meant to be. If only it was that way for me. Sigh.

Suddenly, the door bounded open and Dean and Zack marched in followed by a band of unrecognisable men.

"Who are they? What's going on Zack."

"Zara do you remember what the Moon Goddess told you, that all of were-kind need you." He was really starting to scare me.

"Um yeah, why?"

"Because the war has begun."

__________________________

Woohoo! I've updated on time!🎉🎉🎉 so happy! Also is it just me or do you really like this song????
~ Mia❤️
Sunday 27th May 2018