44 ~ One Man's Weakness Is Another Man's Strength

~ Zack's POV

"This is the alpha from our neighbouring pack. They have come here to warn us." Everyone looked at me bewildered.

"Perhaps it's better if I explain alpha Zack. My name is Brock. I am from the Rensdale pack. My troops and I have come here to ask for your help. Our pack was attacked by rogues."

"But all packs get rogues attacking them from time to time, what makes these one any different? What so special about them that they could start a war?" Zara spoke up, I knew that rogues was a hard subject for her, given her past.

"Well, you see, a rogue's one weakness is that they find it hard to think for themselves. However, when they attacked us, they had devised a plan that none of my highly qualified soldiers could defeat. To do that they would need better brains. Which is why we believe that this attack was the first of more to come and that the rogues are just the soldiers and not the ones conjuring up these malevolent schemes." No one said anything once again they all just looked at him.

"Please! They took away all my children and my beloved mate! They slaughtered so many innocent lives, and they will do it again! You have to help!" Brock looked like a shell of a man, he was close to breaking point. The sight of him physically pained me to look at, and I knew we had to help. I just hoped that she did.

Zara's eyes misted over. Something was happening but I couldn't quite workout what. It wasn't a mind link, you could tell because the colour of the mist was red, and her face looked pained, suffocated, like she was holding her breath.

"Zara?" I questioned, starting to grow worried. Now everyone's attention was on Zara. To say that her unexplainable behaviour was unusual was an underestimate.

A couple of seconds later her eyes returned to a normal colour. She took a huge gasp of air and just looked normal once again.

"What is she?" Brock looked shock as well as all his troops. To be honest I completely forgot he was there.

"We don't know." I went back to Zara. "So I guess the question about you still having powers is gone." I awkwardly laughed. "What was it this time?"

"I'm not completely sure. That was a new one, but I saw something. It was an iron cage, inside the cage there was a boy and a girl, brother and sister I think."

"What were they doing there?"

"They were huddled together trying to stay away from the iron. The cage was secured to the floor and next to them there were two men but I couldn't work out there faces. Do you think it means something?"

"It could but we can't assume. For the mean time Brock your pack can stay here I will send a message to the other packs warning them. We need to get to the bottom of all of this."

"Zack maybe we should change the schedules we don't know if they've been watching us." Kaelynn suggested.

"Good idea, Brock I want your men to join our training sessions, I will notify you and you're pack of the schedule. If you need anything whilst you're here don't hesitate to ask."

"Thank you alpha."

"Actually Kaelynn, could you and Jane take Brock's pack to the new buildings that we've put up."

"It would be our pleasure. Follow us." She gestured to Brock.

We waited for them to leave before continuing our conversation.

"Zack? What do we do if it is them? I mean I'm in no shape to fight a war." I looked at her sympathetically and went to reply before being beaten to it by Dean.

"Don't worry, I can help you train, besides this might just be another rogue pack."

"Even So Dean I know how dangerous rogues can be." He looked down, probably annoyed with his choice of argument.

"Look, Zara. We can't guarantee that it's something more that rogues, nor can we say it isn't, but we know that the moon goddess is on our side and that should be good enough." She nodded.

"Thanks Zack."

"Now why don't we get some lunch, or should I say brunch, this eventful morning has caused me to miss breakfast, and we don't want me to get hangry now do we."

"Absolutely not!" She giggled. In all honesty, I had really missed her laugh, it made you feel warm inside, but changing the subject... food!

~ Zara's POV

"So what do you want to eat? Soup? Chicken? Hotdogs? Bagels? Or how about you favourite, bacon sandwich with tomato ketchup?"

"Yes! You know me too well alpha." I chuckled.

"Well it's hard not to know your favourite food you eat it everyday... well you did." Things were still awkward with us.

"Look Zack, I died. Okay. But I'm back, we need to move past this." I attempted putting it in the simplest way possible, maybe a little too simple?

"You're right." He sighed. "It's just I practically watched you die and I couldn't do anything." He sounded annoyed at himself, but he shouldn't be, none of this was his fault and he needed to accept that.

"Zack! You were there! You didn't leave me! You stayed by my side and somehow still managed to cheer me up. I couldn't of asked for anything more okay?"

"Okay."

"Now stop beating yourself up over this."

"I will." I gave him the look of disbelief. "I will!"

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

~ Dean's POV

I heard everything she said, but I was the opposite, I wasn't there, I did leave and I never cheered her up. Realisation hit me, and it hit me hard. Getting Zara back was going to be even harder than I imagined, but I knew that in the end it would all be worth it, and so for her I would do it.

__________________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the new chapter! I'm trying to publish them as fast as I can without producing anything... well, crap😂 so if I have messed up somewhere feel free to comment I won't be offended☺️, I am aware that I make quite a few mistakes sometimes 😂😂
~ Mia❤️
Tuesday 29th May 2018