54 ~ Fairy Tales Aren't Real?

~ Zara's POV

Just like that everything was over, the bright light that consumed me had perished. There was no music, no beautiful field, no deceased relatives to welcome me to the after life. There was just darkness. Is this really how I will spend the rest of my- Wait no, I'm not alive this is how I will spend... forever.

It can't be! Can it? No? No! It's not, I've met the Moon Goddess, theres been some mistake, maybe I'm just in some waiting room, yeah! That's it. I've just got to wait here for a bit. I mean that's all I could do anyway, my body was practically paralysed, and it was so dark that I couldn't see anything. If there was anything.

All of a sudden a hear a distinctive beeping sound; it was strangely familiar and drew me in. What on Earth? Out of nowhere there was a ghastly, gust of wind that evoked my senses alive. I could now feel my legs and the way that goosebumps bricked my skin as to warn me it's too cold.

"She's waking up." A male voice could be heard. It was foggy, like an old radio, but I could still make out what he was saying.

Something about where I was seemed vaguely familiar. There was an aura to it that just really put me off. Where in Goddess' name am I?

I tried profusely to open my eyes but it was near impossible. It felt like someone had hung weights off them. What is going on here? One minute I'm on a field and the next I'm, here. Wherever that it.

"Hello Zara. Nice to have you back again." I would remember that voice anywhere, the one that haunts my dream. Markus. "Why don't you open your eyes and join us?" He chuckled. "Oh that's right you can't."

"What have you done? You psycho freak!"

"Aw Zara's finally awake I see. Unlike her." Hiram.

"Let me go!"

"No I think we will hold on to you a bit longer." He sneered. "But here, why don't you take a look?" A small beep goes off and suddenly my eyes fly open. How is that even possible?

I take in my surroundings and sure enough there's Hiram and Markus standing in front of me, gloating.

However, what shocked me was the room. Everything was exactly as it was before. Nothing moved. The whole room was just... the same? I shook my head, that's impossible.

"How did you find me?"

"Find you what are you talking about? Zara you never left."

"Yes I did! So what did you do? Huh! Did you set up that whole war just so you could get me back? Well?" Laughter echoes through the room.

"Wow! Markus you genius! You did it old pal! You made the ultimate werewolf drug." What?

"What are you talking about?"

"Zara how long ago did we meet?" Something was wrong, why where they so happy?"

"Around 2 years and a half ago?" I said skeptically.

"Brilliant!" The two men appeared to be jumping around in glee. "Zara, it was all a dream! You never left here. You've been in a coma for three days after we tried a new drug on you. I guess it finally paid off. 2 years of test after test and we finally did it!"