33 ~ Don't be stupid

~ Janes POV
5 mins earlier

"Zack what do we do?"

"There's nothing we can do except keep her comfortable." He said with a solemn look on his face.

"Do you think she has long left?" I whispered.

"I don't know... I-I really don't know."

"But someone must know something to help her! She can't be the first!"

"JANE I SAID I DON'T KNOW!" Zack bellowed in his alpha voice making me cower in fear and tears started to prick my eyes. "I'm sorry... I-I'm just frustrated and confused, I'm used to being able to handle everything but I can't this time." He sighed.

"I'm going to go check on Zara." I whispered still a little upset with his sudden outbursts.

As I made my up the stair each footstep felt like agony, I didn't want to go to that room and see Zara like that but I knew I had to. She was, no, is my friend and friends don't abandon each other in times of need.

Finally I had reached the top and was now face to face with the door that Zara was behind. I opened it slowly so I didn't wake her up but the door gave out a loud creek.

"Shit." I slapped my hand over my mouth and went into the room. I'm sure she didn't here. Well I hope.

On the bed was Zara's body. The mounds of sheets buried her but her head was still visible. I sat on the bed for a while waiting for Zara's soft breaths to pass through my ear so that I could relax... but they never came.

"Zara... Zara? Zara!"desperately I shook her limp, lifeless body, trying to wake up whatever life there was left in her, but it was no use. "Zara! Zara! Please! Please! You are not dead! Y-you can't be! Zack!" I heard heavy footsteps trample up the stairs and the door swung open.

"Zack you need to call the pack doctor! Zara's unconscious she could've slipped into a coma." He just stood there and gave me a sympathetic look. "What are you doing you need to call him now we don't know how long she's been like this! Hurry up!" I screamed at him still cling on to Zara.

"There's nothing he can do... she's gone." he looked at the floor.

"Don't be stupid! She's not dead! She can't be! Zara, Zara please if you can hear me squeeze my hand." Frantically I grabbed her hand.

"Jane you need to calm down." He touched my shoulder scaring me and I shook him off.

"Call the pack doctor already!" I saw his eyes glaze over and felt relief as he was finally calling the pack doctor. I hugged Zara's body as if it was the only thing that mattered, and right now it was. "Thank you." was all I said.

We sat in silence not saying anything, just waiting. I'm not sure how long it was until 2 pack warriors came into Zara's room. "Oh thank Goddess your here, we need you to take Zara to the pack hospital, but be really careful." They all gave me a sympathetic look as well. Something wasn't right.

"Jane, they aren't here for Zara... they are here for you."

"But I'm not ill Zara is the one who has to go to the hospital- unless we're not going to the hospital." He looked down. "You bastard! She's not dead! I'm not leaving I won't! I can't!" I stood off the bed and marched up to Zack. "I won't let them take me." Zack looked at the men and like clockwork they each grabbed one arm.

"Zack don't do this! Don't make me leave her!" Tears streamed down my face.

"I'm sorry Jane. There's really nothing we can do!" Rage filled me.

"You monster! Let me go! Let me go!" I screamed, cried, kicked, hell I even bit them but they still weren't letting me go."

"Do you not think that right now I'm upset! I'm thinking rationally! She's dead Jane and there's no amount of arguing that could bring her back. Ok... so just calm down!" I saw a tear slide down his face but I was still not willing to leave my best friend behind, not now, not ever.

"No she's the best friend I have and probably will ever have. She is not dead!"

"Jane listen for her heart beat! I don't want force you to but I if you don't start thinking and acting rationally!" I didn't want to, because part of me knew she wasn't in there.

"No." I whispered.

"You leave me no choice. Jane listen to hear her heart beat." It was his alpha voice.

"No! I won't! You can't make me!" My wall crumbled and all I could hear was silence. No heart beat. Only my heart breaking in two. "No, no, no!" I collapsed to the floor. "She can't be! She already suffered so much." Zack looked at one of the warriors and he picked me up but I was into much pain to realise anything but the now deep whole in my chest from where Zara once was.

__________________________

(Sheds tear) well that was a sad chapter😢 poor Jane and Zack. Comment if you guys cried!

I would just like to say that I have been a terrible author and I haven't updated in sooooo long! I profusely apologise and I'm trying to work on releasing chapters on time... hopefully🤦‍♀️ until then adios Amigos👋
~Mia❤️
Sunday 25th March 2018